Friday, March 25, 2022

Happy 75th

This ↓ is m'lady, who is 75 years young on this day, which I hasten to add is also the Celtic New Year and the New Year date that Tolkien used in Lord of the Rings. (I think I have always mentioned this, ever since I learned of it, because I think it is so darn cool.)


I actually took this ↑ photo five years ago, but since it is in my blogger folder, it is the one that I shall use today. I am sure that I have posted it once before, but I believe that I re-edited it not too long ago, and that is why it has found its way back into my blogger folder.

Let's do a few retro photos too, shall we? This ↓ is her college grad photo that had a place on my desk at uni.


I think this ↓ was her first visit to my house for Sunday dinner after church. She had a the same hair style as above. We lived on a nursery where dad tended the greenhouses; he was pleased to show her around.



After that visit my mother reported that he really liked Sue.

23 comments:

Mara said...

Happy birthday to Sue! I love the coat she is wearing. She is certainly a very stylish lady. Have a great celebrating.

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy birthday to Sue! She is gorgeous!
I love the retro photos.

Patio Postcards said...

Wishing Sue a very happy birthday.

Boud said...

Happy birthday to sue!

That was the fashion style of the time, very chic.

MARY G said...

I remember that hair style. Mega rollers and hair spray. And she rocks the look.
Happy birthday, stylish (then and now) lady. And many more.,

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🎂 Birthday to your very lovely lady Sue who takes a wonderful photo too. ope she enjoys not only this day but a year full of happy times.

Barbara Rogers said...

Birthday wishes for Sue...a milestone which seems less to be honored than the years where there's a "0" these days. A three quarter mark of a century should be more special I think! Your early photos are so lovely, as is the more recent one. Perhaps there will be a new addition to the portraits? Have a great year in many many ways!

Marie Smith said...

Happy birthday, Sue! Lots of reasons to celebrate today! Love the photos!

Jeanie said...

Happy Birthday to Sue! Lovely, then and now. (And love that coat!)

Red said...

Well, happy birthday to Sue!

Kipper said...

Happy b’day to Sue. So elegant. Have you always felt you are punching lol

NGS said...

What a happy day! Yay for both of you!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to Sue! She was and is very elegant. She looks like a model in that coat!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy birthday, Sue! She certainly is a sharp dresser. Beautiful taste!

William Kendall said...

Happy birthday to Sue!

The Furry Gnome said...

Good looking for 75 - better than you!

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday to Sue, another Aires!

Vicki Lane said...

Happy Birthday, Sue! Great pictures!

JudithK said...

White gloves!!! Very spiffy. Those were the days. (Actually, I was glad when the hippies came in and clothes got more comfortable. Ridiculous undergarments...like girdles,etc. even for someone skinny like me just vanished.)

DrumMajor said...

Jeepers Sue! You might look 40 in that top photo! Congrats! Love Dad's old glasses and cap, and your pink coat. Linda in Kansas

Rita said...

Happy birthday!! How do you look better today than as a young thing--LOL! ;)
Mine is Monday--not far behind you (71).

Kay said...

You know what... Sue has gotten even more beautiful with the years. Must be the happiness she shares with you.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday to Sue. Beautiful then and beautiful now!