Friday, March 18, 2022

The Final Photo of the Morning

The forecast indicated fog, so Bob was anxious to get out and about. Hey! If Bob wants to drive the backroads at 6:30 in the morning, count me in.

As it turned out, we didn't get fog, but we still were able to  get some photos.

I am going to save some and settle for a quick post of a single photo this morning.

It ↓ was my last photo of the day. We had stopped to look at the scene on the other side of the road. It turned out that it didn't offer much. But when I turned around, I thought this barn looked like a very good subject.


I like photographing buildings in general: some don't, but I do. Barns, and particularly old ones, really draw my eye. Not only was this barn a good one, but there was light as well as the shadows of trees on the front. I think the fence is a very strong foreground, and, except for the the section by the road, the snow is pristine. I removed some distracting wires toward the top right corner, but I left the one that connected to the barn as I don't find it distracting. I think it almost provides a frame along with the fence.

It's not a perfect setting, but it sure isn't a poor one either.

18 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I agree...that's a sterling barn photo! Sorry about the lack of fog, for Bob.

DJan said...

I like it, too! :-)

NGS said...

Great light on that barn! I love old barns, too, and frequently find myself distracted by them as I'm driving. That's probably not great, but it's sort of an interesting architectural feature that you can really see the bones of barns.

gigi-hawaii said...

That brown barn is in stark contrast with the white snow.

Margaret said...

I too love old barn photos and this is an excellent one!

Marie Smith said...

A light on the past. Beautiful!

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful light!

MARY G said...

It has to be the fact that the fence is at a funny bend, but to my eye the barn looks as if it is bulging a bit.
Maybe it actually is?
But a fine light and contrast shot.
You went LOOKING for fog? yeah.

William Kendall said...

Beautifully illuminated.

Red said...

You summed this photo up nicely. there's a lot in it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice photo! I've enjoyed photographing barns a lot too.

Joanne Noragon said...

My kind of photo. I have a collection of all the barns that have disappeared from a fifty mile radius in my forty years of living here.

Mage said...

The fence makes it.

Anvilcloud said...

@Mary G. I apply lens correction as a matter of course, but it may not have fixed all distortion. Or the old barn could be feeling its age. Perhaps both.

Kay said...

Isn't it funny how barns can draw your eye? I remember taking photos of them on trips on the mainland too. This is great!

peppylady (Dora) said...

To me your barn photo, is excellent.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Jenn Jilks said...

I like the barn! We had fog last night. It was eerie.

Jeanie said...

Barns ARE wonderful subjects. I especially love the ones with the stone walls at the bottom like this one. And that fence is great.