Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Old Boys Meetup and C-Progress

The photo boys and I finally got together at the park. It was a long time coming, even after freer permitted gatherings came into effect, because of weather and life.

The parking spots were taken, so I didn't port my camera and tripod over to our seating area for proper photos. I decided to try with my phone but had to to walk so far away to get get us all in the frame. Even so, it wasn't all of me, and I got my hand in the way too. I am not very good at selfies.

This park ranger in Congo takes a much better selfie, and those in the background are much better looking too.

Back to the narrative . . .  once seated again, I snapped a few more of the boys plus a selfie without my hand in the way: Nick, Bob et moi in that order.




In other news, on Friday, the province will move onto phase 3 of the recovery plan, so the time is coming when we may even be able to go on a photoshoot together.

On my June 30 Covid update here, our new case count was just beginning to get into the 200s. It is now trending into the 100s, only 114 on Sunday, and we've had at least two days with no C-related deaths.

In phase 3, many indoor gatherings will be permitted, including churches and restaurants among many places, as long as proper distancing can be maintained, Therefore, we should be ready to get back to something resembling normal, whatever that will look like, in three weeks or early August.

Progress will depend on vaccinations continuing apace. We have been completing 200000 jabs/day or one million every five days although that rate shows signs of lessening.  However by the end of this week half of Ontarions should be completely vaccinated, which is getting pretty darn good.

20 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Nice that you could meet up with your buds. I did chuckle at the park rangers selfie.

It has been good news reading the declining new cases, fewer deaths & an up swing in vaccinations. I'll be the "Debbie Downer" & as I watch all around us, countries that "released" too soon are now in rising numbers, say I think we are moving too quickly to Stage 3 - we were told at the least 21 days between stages. I am hoping that we continue with mandatory mask wearing in public indoor places for a few months yet.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good news all around and nice that you and your friends could get together and be unmasked. Fun selfie too of the park ranger and friends.

Marie Smith said...

Ontario is doing well now. Yay!

Marcia said...

Good for Ontario. Are there many vaccine deniers there like in US?

Many of the restrictions have been lifted here but precautions are still in place e.g. movie theatre we attended on Saturday night required masks to enter but not when seated also seats spaced.

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia. I guess we have deniers, but I haven't met any, and they are less of an issue here.

DJan said...

You threw me for a loop with the park ranger shot. I love your friend's hat with all the decorations on it. Good job here, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved your selfies today! Park Ranger especially. You all got friends in the background just like my last shot. So glad to hear you're doing phase 3. I'm now 6 months past my first jab, and coming up to second jab too...so am being pretty careful again with this Delta variant around.

Vicki Lane said...

Good progress! (Wouldn't it be fun to have a few nice gorillas in your photoguys group?)

Ed said...

Good to hear things are starting to trend in the right directions up there.

Shammickite said...

I'm very encouraged by the latest lower infection numbers. My art group can finally meet in the park, and next week I can get my hair cut..... yippee! I have had 2 jabs, and all the family have had both, except oldest grandson (13) who gets his second jab next week.

PipeTobacco said...

Bob especially looks like a great fellow to hang out with and talk photography! I remember one other time when you wrot a bit about him.

PipeTobacco

Jenn Jilks said...

What a fun visit you had!

Red said...

I hope that you're right when it comes to opening up after covid.

The Furry Gnome said...

Didn't know you had a photoboys group. I must get my coffee group together after 16 months off. All former Bruce Trail volunteers.

Rita said...

I really laughed when I saw the Congo selfie!!

William Kendall said...

The Congo selfie made me laugh. I wonder what the gorillas think of it.

I'm not good with selfies.

Joanne Noragon said...

You Canadians are so much more sensible than we southerners!

Margaret said...

Great news and I echo Joanne. Love the photos and the park rangers' selfie!

Mage said...

What fun.

Debby said...

Good friends don't mind when you compare them to gorillas. Well. REALLY good friends don't.

I'm glad you had a nice visit with old friends.