Saturday, July 24, 2021

On a Pleasant Afternoon

What with weather and whatnot, we've been a bit stuck around the house lately, so we planned a short excursion. We decided to go to the next town for fries and a sit in the park by the river and then go to the next next town for ice cream. When it came down to it, we were happy to sit in the first location for some length of time and save the ice cream for another occasion.

This was our first spot, but after a while, the sun evaded the shade of the little tree and chased us to nearer the river close to that sign. You can see the shade near the sign in the second photo, below.



I'll never learn. You may remember the previous visit here with those huge fries. I knew enough to order medium this time, but I didn't know enough to realize that they would still be very large: too large, in fact.  Neither of us came close to finishing them.



I am sad to report that the fries were not all that good. I don't think we will choose this chip truck again.

We took our obligatory selfie. I hold the phone and Sue presses the shutter (or whatever you call it on a phone) with her watch.


There was a certain amount of coming and going with kayaks and stand-up-paddles although folks didn't always stand up. As you can see, I didn't have to work very hard to get the pictures.




Dogs also enjoyed the day and the view.


Although we could have done without the fries, we did enjoy sitting for quite awhile and appreciating the view, the cool breezes, and the music from my phone and portable Bluetooth speaker. This park is just adjacent to the one where we have (or used to have and, hopefully, will have again)  our Celtfest concerts, so it was rather appropriate to turn to my Celtic playlist, which is the only one on my phone at present. (Sue's video, 15 seconds)


We must endeavour to do more of these little excursions as the summer progresses. 


12 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

What a pleasant way to pass the time!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to choose an outdoor spot to eat those gigantic fries...or not to as probably a more healthy choice! Definitely looks like a great afternoon.

gigi-hawaii said...

I don't care too much for fires, myself. And those bags were huge. But, it was nice to spend time in the park near the water. Beautiful photos by the way.

Karen said...

I am looking forward to Celtfest again.

Margaret said...

The fries look good but the portions are enormous. Were they soggy? I haven't done much take out at all, but am finding that some things are good for that and other things aren't. (my onion rings on take out were awful!) What an excellent idea to do these small and relaxing excursions. Beautiful sights too.

DJan said...

Good selfie, and I am always struck by how great that hat looks on you. Those don't actually look like very good fries to me.

William Kendall said...

The dogs are cuties.

Red said...

The good thing is that you got out and had some relax time.

Marie Smith said...

The music was perfect for the setting. Wonderful!

Joanne Noragon said...

I call this a perfect afternoon, fries excepted.

Bindu said...

It seems a beautiful day. It rained in Toronto in the afternoon. There will be rain tomorrow as well.

MARY G said...

Yes, that is a fine spot. We used to launch the canoe there, back in the day. Sorry abut the fries. I need to keep a rating chart - my husband is a fries addict. He is partial to the truck in the parking lot at Canadian Tire in Kanata, just FYI.