Thursday, July 08, 2021

Rectangular Eyes

That was a long time at the telly watching tennis yesterday. I must check in the mirror to make sure my eyes are still oval and not rectangular.

This guy won his match in a very well-played, dynamic, high quality match.

Dennis Shapovalov

His reward is getting to play against the No.1 player in the world tomorrow. 

This guy lost in a less dynamic and less entertaining match, or maybe I was just getting tennis overload as play got into 6 and 7 hours. Nevertheless, it was an super tournament for a 20 year old.

Felix Auger-Aliassime

And then, poor me, I had to watch hockey at night. Mt team, the Montreal Canadiens, ended their season with a loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning, a superior team that one its second consecutive championship.

The only thing I have to add and it is a very unrelated thing, is this picture of an older Chevy pickup truck. It belongs to someone on our block, and despite its age, it is in good condition and is still a working truck. It was a pretty banal photo out of the camera, so I did try to burnish the old thing in post. I also blurred the unappealing background. I think the editing helped.


I would be interested to know the year of the truck is there are any aficionados here.


14 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's quite a truck.

Shammickite said...

When I was growing up in England, everything stopped at my house for Wimbledon. It was a tradition that could never be broken. Never mind the French Open, the US Open, all those other tournaments, Wimbledon was sacrosanct.

PipeTobacco said...

Although I cannot say for certain..... the look seems to be a 1967 vehicle. The grill and front blinker placement look like a 1967 to me.

PipeTobacco

Barbara Rogers said...

My kids (adult so they stay up as late as they want) are all Lightening fans...especially since they've been winning. I can't say I'm interested in any sports, nor cars unless I've owned them. I've had a Mustang, and a Galaxy and a couple of other Fords, but no pickups!

Margaret said...

I was going to say '60s for the truck although I have no idea of exact year. A championship hockey team from Florida just seems wrong.

gigi-hawaii said...

David watches tennis, too. Sorry Federer lost, but he is getting old.

Marie Smith said...

Too bad Montreal lost. That’s a great looking truck though.

The Furry Gnome said...

Too bad about those Habs!

Red said...

Some great care or restoration on this truck. I'll be interested to see the year.

Vicki Lane said...

What a well kept pickup!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Admittedly, I have never watched any televised sporting events, but can understand how your eyes might be feeling a bit tired watching the tennis ball being slammed back and forth and then a hockey puck. Checked with my resident car guy and he didn't know the year of the truck but commented that "it's a beauty."

Jenn Jilks said...

With JB's health issues we've found tennis a great distraction. We usually tape it, and run behind a bit, so as to take breaks in various rooms of the house. K and BR!!!!
OK, must go back to the game!

Kay said...

Too funny! I had to check why someone had rectangular eyes.

Marcia said...

Hmm .. you're usually an every day poster. You ok? Thought I wrote this message earlier but don't see it now.