Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Our Twinkless Tree

It doesn't twinkle. I am amused but still satisfied.

I saw on FB an add for a little fairy light tree, and I succumbed. My plan was to put it away as a gift for later – probably for Sue but maybe someone else in a pinch.

Of course, when it eventually arrived, I had to give it to Sue right away.

It is very pretty. But . . . it doesn't twinkle, despite what the box declares. 

I wrote to the company.

Good Morning.

This order doesn't actually twinkle. I mean it still looks good, but we are disappointed that it doesn't work as advertised. What can we do about this? Is there something we can twiddle to make it work? If not, can you send a replacement?

They replied in short order.

Thanks for contacting us. 
 
The fairy light tree emits the constant warm white light and twinkle depends on the surrounding lights around the tree. When you capture the photo of the tree in this condition, it will show the twinkle but it is hard to see with the naked eye.
 
If the tree is faulty, we would be happy to send you the replacement but we are afraid even it won't fulfill your expectation as the twinkle really depends on the surrounding light and is noticeable only in the picture.

I forwarded the response to Sue. Her reply (to me).

This is crazy. You CAN'T SEE the twinkle. WTF? I love the tree, but don't call it twinkle, if it doesn't twinkle.

It's just amusing, that's all. It's pretty and we are not unhappy with the purchase and not angry with the company. 

I took a photo. Of course, I did, but still no twinkle. lol



15 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

A twinkleless twinkle tree....hmm!

Marcia said...

What kind of tree is this? fake or live?

Marty said...

I love their explanation! It twinkles, you just can't SEE it.
That's what I call salesmanship.
Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man would be proud.

Marie Smith said...

It depends on the surrounding light? I guess you have to use your imagination.

Debby said...

I'd point out that I'm a photographer and still unable to see the twinkle. I'm betting the tree is shipped from China. Don't take me as a racist, but in their world advertising and bs are interchangeable.

Rita said...

Very poor word choice on their part! It is a reflecting tree. ;)

The Furry Gnome said...

Nope, no twinkle.

Joanne Noragon said...

They are daring you not to return it.

Barbara Rogers said...

That's so funny, that you wrote, then they replied, and are willing to replace it...but they know it won't really ever twinkle. Silly people!

Margaret said...

What a scam on the twinkle tree and then them trying to excuse it? Jeebus.

William Kendall said...

Sigh. Double sigh. Infinity sigh plus face palm.

Patio Postcards said...

Not able to see with the naked eye - well that covers it all, no fault on their part.

Ed said...

The modern version of "The Emperor's New Clothes".

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Interesting to read that you even got a response from the company, but I agree there is no twinkle, despite the name, just a bunch of lights. Would a refund be possible? On second thought most likely NOT worth the effort, unless it was ordered via Amazon and then you might have recourse.

BTW, thanks for the heads on up Unforgotten, Season 4, I was able to watch the 1st 2 episodes online, but 3rd was not available (yet). Surely hope it will be soon because NOW I am totally hooked, as usual.

Mage said...

I do like the tree tho.