Friday, July 30, 2021

A Day

I awoke ~6 both to a fog and also in somewhat of a brain fog, as you shall see. Fog appeals to photographers, so I thought I should go out with the camera. Without much of an idea of where to go, I decided on the nearby trail from where I went down to the riverbank. As you can see, it was, indeed, very foggy. It wasn't blue out, but due to a decision in post, it is blue in the photo. I added the colour cast because gray fog is rather bland. I like it this way.

Then I photographed one of the footbridges along the trail.


I wasn't feeling inspired, so I got back into the car, drove to another spot for a different view, and limped my limpy way onto that section of the trail The path looked okay-ish for a photo, so I set up my tripod. When I reached for the camera which should have been by my side, it wasn't there. Go figure! The photographer had left his camera in the car!

Said photographer limped back to the car and drove home in resignation.

As I write this a day later, and a ay before you read it, I just went downstairs for cereal. I brought the dish back upstairs sans both milk and spoon. Sigh.

Much later, for a late lunch, we decided to make a sandwich and drive to a picnic spot. The two far-flung parks that we drove to first were busy, so back to our town we came to our own Riverside park, which is probably the nicest one. We ate our sandwiches and listened to music.

Our selfie.

Our view directly across the river.

As we sat, enjoying the weather and the view, I contemplated that two 74-year-olds were keeping up with the times fairly well by listening to mp3 music from a phone and played over a bluetooth speaker.

Then we dropped in on Danica to see her new ear piercings. Now that things have opened up more, she was able to claim her three-month-old birthday present that her mother promised back in April.



She had the two new piercings done the day before.


It was a pretty good day despite some fumbles and bumbles. 

On this next morning, I arose at 4:30 this morning, hoping for another photo op, but the weather kept me at home, thus beginning what will be a stay-at-home day for which there was no reason to arise so early.

And now, I have absent-mindedly let my coffee go cold while writing this post. Heaven help me.




11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I love those foggy morning photo opportunities as well. The lighthouse, partially visible in the fog, is a sought after photo here.

Ed said...

I have a lot of foggy photos that are in my favorites of pictures I have taken.

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, I've got a small saucer/coaster which I sometimes turn over on the top of my coffee mug to keep it warm...whenever the room is cold, which is seldom in these days of AC. Ha, I just had to wonder, what does your AC stand for anyway?

MARY G said...

MY brain fog at present is due to overdosing on Olympic swimming, the streaming of which runs late at night. I nodded off during the heats of the 50 metre dash this morning. Interesting, though, is the cast of swimmers in this event. They come from many countries that otherwise do not have a swimming program and are specially funded. Lots of skin colours that you normally do not see among the elite of Australia and South Africa. And, sadly, Canada.

Margaret said...

I love fog photos; they're so atmospheric! You could add ice and pretend it's an iced Americano? (which I personally don't like but many people do)

Mage said...

You might get a thermos mug. Mine keeps my coffee hot til lunch. :)

DJan said...

I had to laugh at your brain fog, but I love the look of that first picture. Nice selfie, too.

William Kendall said...

Foggy conditions are ideal for photographers. We rarely get them in the city.

The Furry Gnome said...

Anyone who lets their coffee go cold is definitely suffering from brain fog. But you got a great picture of Danica!

Joanne Noragon said...

There are so many ways to keep coffee hot! You only need to pick one.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hear you!
I have 4 piercings on one side, one on the other. JB had no clue. He was shopping with the girls and had to ask them!
What fun for Danica!