Friday, February 05, 2021

JJ's Virtual Reality

Jonathan was the only family member to not have had a COVID birthday, but now the circle is complete. 

Our alternate celebrations began last Match with Sue's birthday followed by Danica's in April and Mother's Day in May. Those were garage celebrations. My September birthday occurred during the post first-wave lull, so it was pretty well normal. Then, you already know that Sha's birthday and then Christmas were cyber events.

Last night we and Shauna met with JJ and his dad's new clan on FaceTime.

Our Setup: we connected via phone but mirrored to the tv.


The birthday scene in on the top, Shauna on the bottom, while Sue and I are just a tiny thumbnail at the bottom right. It doesn't matter because we didn't need to see ourselves, as glorious as we are to look at. haha


We all chipped in on one very big gift, a virtual reality headset for JJ. I don't know what it cost, and I don't think that I want to.



In the fullness of time, Sua and I may get to experience this virtual reality. I am sure that it will be a virtuous experience.



16 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Happy belated birthday wishes to Jonathan. The big birthday before officially becoming a teen. That is some gift.

There's been so many special celebrations missed or made do over this last 12 months. I think we are all ready to bust, but then I remember those that lived through the years of bombings, food shortages & that nagging fear of the enemy invading & realize, I am made of tougher stuff, I can do this, it's not forever. Thank goodness for FaceTime, Zoom & Snap Chat. (or not).

Happy Weekend.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see relatives and friends on a screen...a safe way to celebrate our lives these days. I do hope - first that JJ enjoys his present, wow! and second - that everyone continues to have good health! May my northern blogger friends all have safety as well as connections with loved ones.

gigi-hawaii said...

That little boy is growing up.

Marcia said...

It's amazing all the new ways to enjoy family gatherings. You did well.

Ed said...

I guess I'm officially old. I have no desire to look through virtual reality headsets. My everyday reality is more than enough for me. Plus I have seen more than a few people don those things and immediately crash into things and hit the floor hard.

Marie Smith said...

I wonder what the children will remember of these Covid times. I hope they remember how their families tried to keep everyone safe.

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to him! He looks happy in his headset. Not sure what they do, but it reminds me of the sci-fi programs I watch. :)

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, my--I'm sure he's delighted!

William Kendall said...

My covid birthday is just past, but I don't tend to celebrate the occasion to begin with.

Joanne Noragon said...

The enthusiasm of youth!

Rita said...

We've all had covid birthdays here, too.
That looks like quite the contraption he got this year!

Debby said...

I have enough trouble with reality. I don't need un-real reality.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so droll!
We love our Facetime with the grandies out west.

DJan said...

It's so nice to have ways to connect during these pandemic times. I've never looked through one of those virtual reality headsets and have wondered how realistic they actually are.

Mage said...

I hope he is happy with this birthday.

Kay said...

Happy Birthday to Jonathan. I believe everyone in my family have had a lockdown birthday. Hopefully once is enough for all of us. That is an amazing gift.