Monday, February 22, 2021

Breakfast Break

It was breakfast time, but nothing appealed. Neither hot cereal nor cold cereal nor the bread that was available for toast. And we wouldn't have eggs until grocery pickup tomorrow. Not that we make that kind of breakfast very often.

Idea: why not go out for breakfast?

Of course, we aren't about to go out for a traditional, restaurant breakfast, but how about picking up from the coffee shop (Tims for ye Canucks) and take it to the water or at least the parking lot near the water.

It seemed like a plan, so that's what we did. Of course, we took another version of what has become our traditional, pandemic car photo. We haven't taken one for quite awhile though because, except for short drives, we've hardly been out of the house for two months.

It wasn't a brilliant day, as witnessed by the view through the car window. Our eye view, however, was a little clearer since we were farther back from the window than the camera was for this picture.

I got out to take a pano with my phone. 


The phone had a tough time blending, but that's okay. It looks dirty. When the snow isn't fresh it can get this way if it doesn't lie in an undisturbed field, as it does beyond the pile.


We were only there for a half hour, and despite the bleak day, it was a very nice little break.


By the time we got home, it was more snowy than rainy, and I expect it will go back and forth today and possibly for a few days. I don't mind seeing the mixed weather as the temperatures begin to rise, however slightly, because February has been quite cold.


18 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

Because of our very close proximity to beautiful Canada, we too are fortunate to have Tim Horton's in our city.... in fact we have several. They have such delightful donuts. I also do very much like Tim Horton's coffee.... but have to admit, when I am wanting coffee from a "place" I still gravitate more towards Starbucks because of its deeper, more bitter flavors.

The lion's share of our Tim Horton's are combination establishments that have Tim Horton's commingle with Cold Stone Creamery. This is actually an added bonus for Cold Stone Creamery satisfies our occasional ice cream cravings very nicely.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

Damn autocorrect added the apostrophes... not me! :)

PipeTobacco

Margaret said...

Those photos with the raindrops are very cool! Glad you got out for a coffee; my car coffee dates keep me sane(r).

Mage said...

Brilliant of the two of you. I like the portrait of you that Sue took.

Jenn Jilks said...

That was fun!
To answer your question, it's peculiar how we don't notice somethings when they are gone. I think she has gone, we called her Maggie. She was here in the fall. She is quite noticeable, though. sigh. circle of life...
We last saw her Dec. 7. Now that I check.

Ed said...

I think I have eaten at a Hortons twice on my journeys into Canada, mostly to see what all the lines are for. They seem to me to be the McDonald's of the north.

Even before Covid, we would sometimes pick up a meal and eat it in our car overlooking the river. I quite enjoy not having to pause the conversation every five minutes to tell the waitstaff I am quite good and don't need anything else.

Blondi Blathers said...

Every once in a while I get the urge to go out for a meal, then remember we can't. All four of the restaurants in our town are take-out only. The drive-thru closed for the winter. Sigh. That picture of you and your Sue is a good one. -Kate

Marcia said...

So that's why there was no post from you earlier today.

We may be having the same weather system but ours is all snow.

Rita said...

Even getting out in the car is a real treat these days! :)

The Furry Gnome said...

Don't you look handsome! We did the same thing yesterday.

Marie Smith said...

That’s our forecast for tomorrow. Ugh.

A break out of the house has been a lifesaver during this pandemic.

Vicki Lane said...

These little breaks are restorative. Now that I've had my second shot almost 14 days ago, I'm looking forward to going grocery shopping! And I've made an appointment to have my hair cut. Wahoo!

William Kendall said...

It is good to get out and about.

In the city it's been snowing most of the day.

Red said...

Funny how small things can make covid restrictions go better.

Joanne Noragon said...

Yes, February has outstayed its welcome.

MARY G said...

Love the wet window shots. If life sends you wet snow, make art of it. Hey, Perth is Green. Green! I am going to see my best friend in person and shop in a store.
If anyone had told us a year ago what would be amazing and amusing, we would probably have wept.

Debby said...

If it wasn't for little breaks, this quarantining stuff would probably break us.

Patio Postcards said...

It is nice just to get out & have a different view. We have a spot that we like to take a tea break to; it gives the car a run out, we can people watch (most days) & notice the change of seasons.