Saturday, June 01, 2019

4 hours

Sometimes, I don't know quite what to do with myself. I slept for about 4 hours last night, despite taking my usual sleeping pill. I'm tired but my attempt at nap #1 failed (it's 11:30, and I've been up for 7 hours). I may try again later.

I've edited last nights photos, which I'll post below.

So what do I do now?

It's cold and windy out, and I can't garden or do much else yet anyway.

I could read, and maybe I will, but I feel a little bleary-eyed to be too enthusiastic over the possibility.

There's not that much else that I can do. Other than blog, I guess.

Let me state that sleep seems to be more problematic lately. There are times past when I could have several consecutive nights of 7 hours, but my maximum lately is 6. Unfortunately, too many nights now are well below that.

Perhaps when I can be more active, I will sleep longer and better.

I'm not depressed but a little confused about what is going on.

Sue will head to exercise class this afternoon, the one that I also used to go to, but I need to stay clear for now.

But we are to meet friends for coffee later this afternoon. So that is something.

Meanwhile, I went to the park last night. I was specifically looking for a photo op that I had passed by on the previous day. There was a clump of dandelions with a tree in the background. I thought the setting might make for a good photo. Alas, the dandelions were gone.

So, I wandered down to the river where the sun was settling behind the trees on the far bank. It seemed like the kids of sky that might produce something worthwhile if I waited for sunset.

I waited, and it did. It's not the best view of a sunset ever. I mean the sun is gone behind the trees and not exactly dipping into the ocean. But it is something.

I lined myself up with the boathouse which the sun set directly behind.



From almost the same spot, I looked to my right downriver. There, the colours were less dramatic but very pleasingly more pinkish than orange.



We are never in a position for the most scenic sunsets around here, but last evening was nice enough.

Then I went home for my 4 hours of sleep.


5 comments:

Mage said...

I was having great problems sleeping. Half an hour sleep then utilize the facilities, then do it all over again. I read an article about sleep loss, and I started by changing when I took my meds. I liked up all the newest added meds, and planned to take them in the morning. I slept really well, and I will try it again tomorrow. Then I went back to sleep until 9.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

More beautiful photos! I take photos with my iPad and am not that clever at framing but your are inspiring me to think more about what I'm doing.

I did not sleep enough last night either and this was unfortunate because I had to pick up my granddaughters fairly early and keep them for lots of the day....I was surprised that I wasn't tired then, but now (9pm) I am! Usually if I do not sleep well I can sleep in as long as I want to! I need to take two thyroid pills after 4 hours of sleep and then sleep for 4 more hours before I can take my morning meds....Life is so silly at times.

Should Fish More said...

Some, many actually, 'sleeping meds' lose effectiveness over time.
Some things to look at/for:
Sleep Apnea
Caffeine intake
Physical issues
I'd talk to your family practice doc.
I too have sleep issues, rarely sleep more than 4 hours at a time, sometimes that's all if I can't get back or to sleep. Age also can do that.

Vicki Lane said...

Those are beautiful shots. My husband struggles sometimes to get enough sleep. I only experience insomnia rarely and try to spend those wakeful hours imagining myself walking through places I've lived in the past.It's amazing how much one can remember . . . and forget.

Jenn Jilks said...

Sleep is such a tough subject. I'm taking MM gel caps for it, which helps. Mostly, I have to give myself permission to be awake and do something else, like listen to a podcast. I feel for you!