Saturday, June 15, 2019

I Went Back to Church

Last week, I posted my photos of St James Anglican Church, but I think I said that I wanted to go back because I felt that there was more to be photographed. I had thought to take vertical panos to get more of the ceiling in some shots, and I did take them, but Lightroom did not find a way to stitch them together. Oh well.

But I took some other shots that worked even if they aren't stellar.

Actually, this first one is from the previous shoot, but I hadn't yet processed it. Oddly enough, it may be the best of this lot. This choir loft with those lights with the stained glass behind is awesome (to borrow jargon from the kids) and continues to intrigue me.



Now, I have more windows to show because they are pretty doggone great, not to mention awesome dude.

From near the front of the church looking at the eastern wall

Focusing on the first set of windows in the previous photo

The whole western wall in a pano stitch of 3 photos, which accounts for the bevel,
which I think is not a terrible effect.

Last week I did the reflection in the piano looking west. This eastern view is not as good. I did try to turn the light on in post because they were off that morning, but it looks a bit phony. I'd like to try this again with the lights on. 

I returned to the choir area and shot with the hymn selection behind.

Now that I know the vertical pano shots don't work for me, I'd like to return one more time without wasting time on them to get some detail photos as well as the western windows.

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Good shots here...except the upside down one doesn't please me (it worked when you had the piano outline better) in my humble opinion.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Very nice photos. Since it isn't a loft, I think it might be just called a choir as it is in monasteries. But I'm not positive. I always love looking at stained glass.

Jenn Jilks said...

Great shots, as ever.
I still get the heebee jeebies seeing churches, though.

Shammickite said...

Super windows. The piano reflection certainly confused me.

Marie Smith said...

Love the stained glass. The small community churches here don’t have any of those windows.

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful church!

Mage said...

I would think that four or more should fit together. It is a delightful little church.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Quite different from what I think of your "usual" … but the colors are outstanding and an interesting change.

PipeTobacco said...

Anvil:

I especially like the stained glass. I actually have an image I painstakingly worked on taking with my first DSLR of the stained glass windows at the church I was married in. I worked my best in my first feeble attempts at Photoshop to enhance and properly size the image and enlarged it to 16 X 20 for an anniversary gift for my wife a few years ago. We have it hanging in our living room.

PipeTobacco

Vicki Lane said...

Totally awesome shots of a beautiful interior, dude.

Mara said...

I like the beveled shot. I think that's the best one. I think it would have been good with plain glass windows but with the stained glass, it looks amazing!

Kay said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!