Monday, June 03, 2019

Potting the Plants

Although we have the family over for dinner almost every Monday, we don't have the kids all that much anymore. Not like we used to anyway. They're growing up, which is exactly what they are supposed to do.

But they did come over for an extended time on Saturday because Mom was needed at work. I suppose that they could have stayed on their own, but maybe not just yet. That time will come too.

So, they came over and grandma put them to work. It probably would have been easier to do it herself, but it's good to get them to do things. In this case the thing was planting some bedding plants in pots — geraniums and petunias to be exact.

Grandma gave them lots of help.




The forget-me-nots are very exuberant, but they won't last much longer.


And it got done.



Temperatures are unseasonably low. In fact May was our 8th consecutive below average month. But hopefully, the plants will flourish and bloom until sometime in October.

9 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

My plants are doing really well. They don't mind the cool. So far!

How wonderful to have helpers.
I've been trying to forget-me-nots for years. I am failing. I buy 5 g of seed, and they still don't take. They were my mom's favourite. She'd just shake her head.

You are right, they are supposed to grow up and take off. My 2 grandies in Ottawa had a tent sleepover Saturday night in their backyard, with 3 friends. They are such campers.

Tabor said...

My forget-me-nots are the wild ones with tiny and pale blue flowers. They are done now, but I do love their short invasion. Memories, best way to make life worth living.

Marie Smith said...

It’s been cold here too. And wet.

Your grandchildren, like ours, are growing up too fast. Sigh!

Mage said...

Those flowers are pure joy.

Shammickite said...

You just can't kill forget-me-nots, no matter how hard you try. My back yard at my previous house was full of them in the spring. Love geraniums, I have 4 different ones on my deck.

William Kendall said...

Well done!

Joanne Noragon said...

Nothing more important to learn and no one better to teach them.

Kay said...

They look beautiful and now the kids will enjoy seeing them flourish every time they come. It's an excellent experience and lesson for them.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like Sue and the grands did a beautiful job and you are right that she could have done it herself, but good to show Jonathan and Danica how it’s done.