Monday, June 17, 2019

Whitewater Prints

Last week, I sold a number of prints to a new office in town. What interested them surprised me a bit because they were more or less photos that I had sloughed off. It wasn't that I didn't like them but just that I didn't think they would have much appeal going forward.

I speak of the Whitewater series that I did back in April when the river ran so high and fast. They wanted four of them, two in black-and-white. I found that to be a bit of a surprise too.

These were the choices. Although it doesn't show up so well here, the first one, especially, made for a very effective print.




Of the two colour photos, I was once again surprised that the first one, in particular, printed out very well. This was a case of prints are more effective than screen versions.




So, we have two minimalist photos and two contextual ones with historical buildings in the frame. The last photo shows present condos converted from an old mill. The building above, by the bridge, was a factory, and there are development plans for it as well.

12 comments:

Shammickite said...

Well done for selling more of your prints! It is a great compliment to your photography skill.

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats on your sales of your art. They are quite beautiful, capturing the extreme motion of the water into a static design.

Marcia said...

Always nice to have one's work appreciated. Nice too to get a payment for it. Good for you.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Congratulations! These are very good, and local interest as well.

Marie Smith said...

Well done, AC. Great work!

William Kendall said...

Bravo! The second one stands out in particular to me.

Joanne Noragon said...

It's always good to know old buildings are being re purposed. Not so sure I would enjoy all that water rushing under my deck!

MARY G said...

Splendid! And for me they are all good ones.

Doris Potter said...

Congrats on your sales!

Kay said...

This is so cool! I know you can do something like this with the iPhone, but I keep forgetting how.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done! You have a keen eye.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s indeed wonderful when an artist makes a sale, even an unexpected one. Kudos to you, AC.