Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Solstice Labyrinth Walk

This walk has become a yearly tradition, which I missed last year for some reason or other. There is a a somewhat contemplative introduction. This year, a choir sang, In the past there have been native drummers, and a dancer. They also have a Light Up the Night Walk later in the year, and they have been known to have a full moon walk as well.

Those who walk the walk become quite meditative, which I have tried to capture in some of the photos. I try to remain unobtrusive on a bench to the side while I take a few photos.

Giving introductory thoughts

A pano stitch from the bench where I sit



I took a few photos of this gentleman as I found him to be interesting



He was very contemplative


Sue and my photographer friend, Bob, who is talking to his friend

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I think that's a labyrinth...and many people are drawn to walk them in contemplation...it's about coming to center. Nice capture of those who were meditatively walking it.

Marcia said...

I think of a contemplative walk as being fairly solitary. Looks like there was quite a crowd there and folks waiting their turns to walk.

Anvilcloud said...

I think the main crowd you see is the choir in the background. The labyrinth wasn't exactly congested.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

What an interesting tradition...There are a few labyrinths near me that I know. one at a monastery and another at a farm originally owned by some Dominican nuns and run as a CSA.

Marie Smith said...

Love that tradition! Well captured!

Tabor said...

I have walked a few. I always contemplate world peace.....

Vicki Lane said...

Those are lovely -- you captured the quiet feeling well.

troutbirder said...

Fond memories of being high on the mountain above anchorage on the solstice. My age and other factors somewhat limited going all out on some of the more youthful activities on display however...:)

The Liberty Belle said...

The walk sounds like an interesting and positive experience. Nice photographs.