Thursday, June 13, 2019

Irises in the Museum Garden

I thought that I spotted some irises when I drove past the museum yesterday, so I had a few moments to return today.

Sure enough . . .



It was both windy and cool, and you can add a 'very' to both descriptors. But the mosquitoes were still out in force and wouldn't give me a second of peace.

I headed from the garden out to the sidewalk, but they persisted. But I didn't, or at least almost didn't. However, I did squeeze off a few quick ones. I am very pleased with the first.




As I was about to leave, I spotted something blossoming in the corner of the building, so I got off another quick shot before beating a rather hasty retreat. I added a bit of a matte sort of filter to this to try to improve its appeal a little. It probably didn't work, but you can't blame a guy for trying . . . although she may sometimes disagree.


13 comments:

dellgirl said...

This is a beautiful post, your flowers and photos are amazing! Thank you for sharing this awesomeness. It is very inspiring.

I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love how each flower has its day! Nicely done, despite the bugs.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sure there quite pretty.
Coffee is on

Mara said...

Love the colour of that iris.
I don't think I have heard or felt a mosquito yet this spring/summer. Mind you, I live in the attic and perhaps they can't fly that high?

Shammickite said...

Iris are the most exquisite colours, shapes and textures aren't they? Lovely!

Barbara Rogers said...

Iris have such details of precious colors and forms...and then they are gone. I love to capture them, but have never dealt with mosquitoes that early in the year. I like the combination of textures and lines in your last photo.

Marcia said...

Iris are one of my favorite flowers. Such a lovely shade. Too bad about the mosquitoes.

Marie Smith said...

The iris is gorgeous!

MARY G said...

I love iris - and you have, in spite of the bugs, caught the essence.

William Kendall said...

Very pretty!

Vicki Lane said...

Irises are such great subjects for close ups -- the veins and the fuzzy tongue thingy.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As purple is my favorite color, I really enjoyed these flower photos. Thanks for the lovely blooms, which reminded me of ones we used to have in our VA garden.

Kay said...

I do love iris and you've truly captured their beauty.