Sunday, June 23, 2019

My Extended Fathers Day

It's a week later, and I guess I should get around to posting about Fathers Day. I had been waiting to complete it with the museum trip that I wrote a bit about yesterday, but since that is on hold for now, I'll post what I can.

My Fathers Day began on the Friday, two days before the actual event. We went out for breakfast with Shauna.




Time with the grands was to be on Saturday as they would (as they should) be spending time with their dad on Sunday.

We went to the Lambs Down event for a spell. It's called Lambs Down because we have the country's wool collecting and grading station in our town. A sheep shearing demonstration is always part of the event. The football stadium in Ottawa is called Lansdowne, and I am sure (though I've never been told) that Lambs Down is a word play on that.




A few photos of the ladies and the kids, which make it seem more like Mothers Day, but it's all good.



It was rather windy




I may post more Lambs Down photos at another time, but from there we went to their place for supper. I am wearing the shirt that Sue had already given to me and am opening the fine socks that I had seen at our local museum and which appealed to me and therefore hinted strongly that they would make a nice gift.




You already know about the Neanderthal exhibit (which I hope to get to tomorrow), so let's skip ahead to Sunday, the calendar Fathers Day.

As we began to leave the house for a visit to the chip truck and a walk in the park on a fine day, I spied flowers at the door. Good thing we planned to go out because they could have been left there for quite awhile. They were sent from my other daughter and her partner who live way across the country on the west coast.



We did get our fries which we ate on a bench at the park and took a selfie or two before a leisurely stroll on a very nice day.




So that's my late report on my extended, three-day Fathers Day, with one day left to go: hopefully, tomorrow.

10 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Loved seeing all the plaids you were wearing, AC, and what great looking socks too!

Tabor said...

Happy belated Father's Day. I should post about our weekend, but have been too lazy.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good socks make life so much better. And I'm smitten with the plaids! So glad you had an extended Father's Day. It's the same weekend in the US, but I'm not sure our Mother's Days coincide. Hope you feel better!

Red said...

You're a lucky guy to make Father's day a three day event.

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you had fun.

I expect I'll get to the Neanderthal exhibit once or twice over the course of its run here. I also have to get to the Leonardo exhibit at the Museum of Science and Tech.

You wonder what sheep think of that process.

Joanne Noragon said...

And best of all, a good time was had by all.

Marie Smith said...

It looked like fun, AC.

Kay said...

You are looking mighty handsome there! And Sue is such a gorgeous, elegant lady.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your cap.
Soon the grandies will be taller than Sue!!!! Mine are getting up there.
A great day, I'm sure.

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

A happy belated Father’s Day! Yours looked fun as was my own.

Did you get to participate in the sheep shearing? I have done this a few times and it is interesting and challenging.

Your socks are great! But.... YOUR CAP .... that is beyond excellent! That is my own favored style of cap to wear as well. I do not have a red one (very nice) but I have probably around a dozen of other hues but the same style.

PipeTobacco