Friday, May 31, 2019

More Blossoms

Last week I posted this photo of a fence and blossoming tree on a street in town.



Of course, those blossoms are pretty well spent by now, but when I drove by again, another blossoming tree caught my eye, farther back in the yard. I returned home, grabbed my camera and hurried back.

This is more or less what I had noticed in my initial drive-by.



But as I studied the yard, making sure to stay on public ground, I thought this composition was more pleasing.



I like both shots but particularly the second one. In addition to the blossoms, the tulips are still in bloom, so I think they balance the photo nicely. And, of course, the tree is great and both anchors and frames the scene.

10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, you're right. A photographer spent time with the second, whereas the first is a great glimpse from "drive-by." We often are only able to capture the drive-by ones...so I'm glad you spent the effort to make art!

Tabor said...

Great composition. Even both times.

Marie Smith said...

Trees are great frames and anchors. I use them a lot. My favourite is the last photo. Just gorgeous. How lush everything looks.

PipeTobacco said...

Anvil:

The colors are so beautiful, and you have inspired me to take my own camera outside as we are experiencing similar beautiful colors!

PipeTobacco

Kay said...

Thank you for that lovely breath of spring!

William Kendall said...

Pretty blossoms!

Joanne Noragon said...

It is a lot of fun to take pictures of other folks' yards.

Jeff said...

Beautiful blooms. Makes me long for spring, for down here we're already in the middle of summer (but the gardenias are blooming)!

Vicki Lane said...

Perfect! The tree trunk and branch plus the conical evergreens balance the pink tree so well. Kudos to gardener and photographer!

Jenn Jilks said...

You know, I visit to catch up, and I am shocked I haven't visited you in days.
The trees have been amazing.