Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Melange

I am posting a bit of a melange today. First, two photos from a drizzly Sunday morning.

Believe it or not, these photos were taken not far from each other from the car. I tried to navigate the car to a propitious spot for the photos but to keep myself out of the rain.




In the afternoon, we drove the kids to Perth to their mother's open house, or I should day, the open house for the seniors' residence where she will be working come late summer. She is doing ad hoc work there right now, but her contract begins in August when the residence is closer to its opening. As it was on the weekend, they had a few model suites ready for viewing, but I didn't try to take pictures inside: just the kids by the back door when we left.




Finally, the forget-me-nots have been blooming for awhile now, but last night the wind died down enough for me to get a photo. These flowers are so small that, even with a macro lens, I have to crop in quite a bit. When I did, I saw a tiny bug on the flower to the right. (I have left the photo somewhat larger than usual, so you might be able to see it better if you click.)



As I post every year, these are descendants of flowers that my dad transplanted to our garden about 35 years ago. That garden was hundreds of miles away, but seeds made the trip across province about 15 years ago, and the descendants flourish. Dad has been gone for 20 years, but I see these flowers as an annual tribute to him.




10 comments:

Tabor said...

All of my forget-me-nots died out...the wild ones with the very small and pale flowers is still returning. I often find some small bug on my macro that my poor eyesight missed.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I love forget-me-nots though I don't see them here as much as near our cottage in Chautauqua. And I cherish plants that came from my mother's garden or my grandparent's. Ah, I must not forget the snow drops from my mil. I've passed starts of these on to my children.

Barbara Rogers said...

A great double meaning to Forget-Me-Nots...the flowers and the seeds that remind you of your father.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Those tiny flowers certainly have a wonderful significance in your yard, John, and what a lovely story on their start there.

Marie Smith said...

It is a lovely tribute to your dad. Love those little blooms.

Silver in AZ said...

awww, that is so sweet about your dad. It must be very comforting. :)

Jenn Jilks said...

I forgot about the open house! You could have popped in!

I liked the forget-me-not. Good work keeping it going.

William Kendall said...

The forget me nots are quite pretty.

Joanne Noragon said...

I always considered a melange and sort of a mash up, and really smiled at the lead off tree and truck. The last photo of the forget me nots is superb. Including the bug! Especially the bug. Little bugger.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Hi AC: thanks for reminding me to click on the Forget me knots. It's amazing how much more comes into focus when I do that and I am going to continue to do it with your amazing floral photos. A nice tribute to your Dad too.