Saturday, June 22, 2019

Rona Ice Time and Spamming Backs

You see those funny autocorrect snippets here and there, and you wonder if they are fabricated. Perhaps they are, but they're funny. I had a real one or two autocorrect funnies yesterday.

The background is that we were preparing to go to the museum with Shauna. It was my special Fathers Day treat from her and the kids — the Neanderthal exhibit at the Museum of History.

I was getting ready to leave within about a half hour when it happened. A Back Attack!

These things happen to me on occasion, totally out of the blue as it were.

In this case all I did was to lean over my easy chair to straighten the blanket which was dreadfully askew. Then I was yelling in frustration as my back grabbed me a good one.

I know the routine as this happens every few years. I need to take it easy for about three days for the spasms to stop. But how bad was this attack? Should I still try to go on the excursion or call it off?

I texted Shauna and Sue about my predicament. As the conversation transpired, I was to take Rona Ice Time to ease my troubles because my back was Spamming me (as captured below with me captioned in blue).



Then, and this is not particularly funny, but when I could have used autocorrect, it failed me. We were still texting about what pills I needed — the version with acetaminophen and not ibuprofen, except I couldn't think of latter and couldn't spell the former at the moment.



So ... how's the back a day later? It's sorer and stiffer than usual (which is saying something), but it is still not exactly spamming (or even spasming) which is extremely painful and debilitating while it runs its course for about three days.

But I must be careful and continue to take that Rona Ice Time in the meantime.


8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Aren't you glad your fingers still work! So sorry to hear you are out of the running of races this weekend. Hope you're back out there snapping gorgeous photos soon. This was fun to rea and I certainl unerstand. My keyboard is ol and some keys decided not to type today. Not my fault!

Vicki Lane said...

Funny -- except for your pain. I hope it's better now.

William Kendall said...

Whoever invented autocorrect should rot in hello.

Marie Smith said...

It drives me nuts too. Can be embarrassing.

Joanne Noragon said...

It's not just texting, it's every damn word I type into any application. I've learned to reread e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g I type, to correct any words that are autocorrected. Hahaha!

Red said...

Work on as many stretches as you can. I suffered with the same problem for years until a physiotherapist persuaded me to take things seriously and stretch.

Kay said...

I'm so sorry for all the pain and stiffness you're suffering through. I've gotten back pain out of nowhere too and it's so aggravating. Auto correct can be helpful, but too often it can drive you crazy or make you laugh.

MARY G said...

Sometimes a computer can be really funny ... one hopes not on purpose. sympathetic vibes going your way re back spasm. Mine does it too. I hate autocorrect.