Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sun Down and Up

It's difficult to find a good view of sunsets (and sunrises) hereabouts. There may be a few spots over cleared farmers' fields like the one that I showed last week, but they are just sunsets with nothing much else to look at and not exactly an ocean view with sea stacks on the horizon.

But sometimes I drive around to check things out anyway.

Eventually the other night, I spotted rays between trees in an actual public spot, and goodness knows there aren't many of those (publicly accessible place, I mean).



Next morning, Miss Lacey Cat got me up very early after deciding that my arm required a prodigious washing at 3AM. Eventually, I took the camera to the park just around the corner where there is a bit of a view of sunrise beyond the trees in a little island.



It won't win an award but it was a pretty good sky with a strip of orange at the bottom. In part,, the clouds look the way that they do because it was a 30 second exposure.

11 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The end of day light and the beginning of a new one always are magical and beautiful photo times. Glad you shared these, AC, althought that a.m. hour was a bit early for me and thankfully no cat to wake me.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fun way to start the day...not really! But having both sunset and sunrise on just about the equinox makes these pretty special too. I can't imagine 30 second exposures...amazed that anything is black in it!

Jenn Jilks said...

Oh, my. Cats...
Anti-crepuscular clouds! Neato.

I hear you about the aches and pains. JB has canes in every room of the house to help him stand up when he crouches for something. I feed the cats, most of the time. He can't bend and get up. Arthritis is in his back, plus the treatments. We are grateful, though. Each ache tells us we're alive!

Mage said...

I like the look of the clouds racing across the sky.

Barbara Rogers said...

That's what I get for making comments when I've just woken up...Happy Summer Solstice...there's no equinox, but the longest day of the year. Duh!

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

I tend to photograph more sunsets than sunrises, including one evening earlier in the week around Nepean Point. But some weeks ago on an off night with insomnia I took a good walk and photographed the very first light of day, at least an hour before dawn.

Marie Smith said...

The sunrise is exceptional. The blues, just gorgeous!

Vicki Lane said...

I love the sunset. I need to do the drive around thing -- the mountain our house is on blocks the western view.

Country Gal said...

Sunrise and sunset are my favorite times of the day this time of year . Lovely photos .

Shammickite said...

I hope you went home to bed after being out so early to watch the sunrise. Or at least home to a nice hot cuppa coffee and an easy chair.

Kay said...

Absolutely awesome photos. I really like the 2nd one because of the contrast of colors.