Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Fixing a Photo

I received a request from Sue's DiL (by marriage) to see what I could do with this photo of her son. He pitches for an elite team and will be representing Canada at the 2024 Sr. Future Games at Lake Point Sports in Georgia. I am not sure if he still has to make the team, but he has accepted the invitation.

Specifically, I was asked if I could remove the umpire from this photo.



It was a tricky business for this old man with shaky hands, but after some hiccups, I got it done. As you are about to see, I removed a lot of background distractions while I was at it. I also cropped to an 8x10 ratio which happened to eliminate the dirt at the bottom. I think that was a good thing.



Then, I did one more thing. I used a little bit of AI to add a little space on the right side in order to get the ball farther from the edge of the photo because I though the ball was an important element. Finally, I re-cropped back to an 8x10.



I sent off both versions. I am not sure which she will like, if either, but I did my best.

20 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Good job, AC!

Jenny the Pirate said...

You hit a home run! Excellent work! Kudos AC ... xoxo

Margaret said...

Excellent job! I'm sure she'll be delighted with the results.

Rosalea said...

Well done!

Liz Hinds said...

Wow! well done.

Sandra said...

Your best is great, imo.

RedPat said...

She will be thrilled I'm sure.

Granny Sue said...

You done good, AC! He looks like a pretty good pitcher too.

Boud said...

Good job, AC!

DrumMajor said...

You did really well! Can you do that with our politics and Supreme Court? Linda in Kansas

Barbara Rogers said...

A master wizard you are with photo-shop! I agree with the above comment...give us some help with governance, if you please!

Red said...

She knew who to ask for help.

Linda said...

Great editing job. The final version is great!! Linda. imaagesisee.blogspot.com

Joanne Noragon said...

The new picture is prettier than the old. I wonder if the change in the relative position of the ball vis a vie the pitcher's throwing fingers and hand position would change the perception of the pitcher's ability or intent.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I only use A.I a few times.

roentare said...

The crop is great for the shot. If you have AI face enhancer, that might bring up more details on the face

Jenn Jilks said...

That is fantastic!

Val Ewing said...

Nice work! Editing out a person is very hard!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Removing that distraction (umpire) really made this young pitcher stand out and with that ball caught in mid-flight! I was curious as to the process used, AC, and perhaps you could give a short explanation in future. I think the recipient will be well pleased with either image.

Anvilcloud said...

@Beatric: I wouldn't know how or where to begin. I pretty well throw paint at the wall, so to speak.