Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Canada Day Fireworks

Monday was Canada Day in the Great White North. Except it is not white on July 01 but hot and buggy. 

I was well-covered from head to toe, but the nasties still swarmed my hands and face.

Also, since I hadn't used my camera much recently and hadn't photographed fireworks for a year, I made mistakes that I won't bother to describe here. What I did say to Sue afterward is that I might need more than 15 minutes of practice every year to do better.

The results were the same as the other years except that the bridge was lit, and I think it added a nice touch to the photos.

I just keep shooting and shooting because you can't really predict what you're going to get in a 4 second exposure, Here are 5 of the more than 100 photos. Due to my vantage point, I did much cropping.






As you can see, they targetted town hall very well. If I am around and mobile next year, I think I shall ignore the general context and just zoom in on the tower and sky above and, therefore, keep cropping to a minimum.

Meanwhile, I could easily do another fireworks post or two, and I may do just that.

22 comments:

Rosalea said...

I think your pics are just fine! I'd never make it to 10PM to actually see fireworks!

DJan said...

I'm hoping our fireworks (which are now illegal within city limits) will be reasonable for a change. I think you did a great job!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, that's difficult: I don't know which one I like best.

Granny Sue said...

The second one is spectacular, but I like them all. Good job.

gigi-hawaii said...

Very nicely done!

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved the fireworks that outlined the clock tower! The bridge seemed less interesting, being a flat surface from that vantage point.

RedPat said...

I think the shots are fabulous especially with the town hall in there.

Boud said...

Some nice work there. Next year, if you're not up to staying up late, you can slide in old pix and we won't know! On the grounds of "let's not, and say we did!"

Jeanie said...

Well, we're 66, rainy and cloudy. Our bugs are mosquitoes. I'm not sure which of us has it worse!

Karen said...

Nice shots. The town hall and bridge really say it all.

Boud said...

I forgot to say I love your saying the bridge was lit! Partygoers too, I imagine.

Celia said...

Very cool photos. I doubt I will be awake enough to go watch our fireworks. But that's OK.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We will skip watching fireworks from the river front this year because of the construction at the park where we used to sit. Instead, we plan to watch the ones from Washington, DC, on the local public broadcasting station.

Sandra said...

You did a very good job of photo taking. I think they are beautiful.

Cloudia said...

Canada is a great nation!
You did a nice job with the fireworks to my eye. Thank you so much for sharing everyday. I look forward to hearing what you will say. Aloha!

Red said...

You got some very nice photos with the town hall and fire works.

roentare said...

That really looks lovely. Especially the fireworks behind the building. Looks fab. I avoid city crowd for any CBD fireworks these days. Too mad to be with the lot.

DB Stewart said...

Impressive pics and looking forward to next year, AC. I hear what you're not (directly) saying. Sigh.

Marie Smith said...

Love the clock tower in the shots!

Margaret said...

I love the fireworks photos! I tried to take some one year and was a miserable failure at it.

Jenn Jilks said...

They did 20 minutes of fireworks on the lake nearby. It was a bit loud.
Great photos, truly.

Jeanie said...

Our fireworks are on July 6 and I can absolutely guarantee you that my photos are 96 percent likely to be lousy -- unlike yours! (Even with editing!)