Wednesday, September 13, 2023

SuperSue

Sue is leaving me today to visit her sister in Toronto: Toronto for most but Ajax for those who know the various municipalities in the region. We've been trying to let her loose on this getaway for months, but life has intervened in most inconsiderate ways. This time, both Sue and I are relatively healthy, and since Shauna is driving across province, she can drop Sue off at Heather's.

On Sunday, Sue led me on a photoshoot, looking to fulfill her prompt that had something to do with her superpower. We brainstormed a little and remembered when she mentioned her capes (she has many) to JJ. The young boy asked if she could fly. She decided to wear the cape and pretend to be flying, at least as best she could while securely nailed to terra firma

The first is my fave, the third hers. I like the uncluttered look of the first, and I think she likes the lifted leg against the railing on the third.



I asked her to make a composite; she made two.



So, I will be batching it while she enjoys a little reunion with her dear sister.




18 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Fun photos! Could you, with the help of Photoshop, put her in the air?

gigi-hawaii said...

How lovely! Wishing her the best. I like the first photo, too.

Anvilcloud said...

@Nicki: it's possible, but it would have been better to conceive it ahead of time and set it up better.

Margaret said...

I think Sue's favorite looks more like flying. Hope that the bachelor life treats you well!

RedPat said...

I like the 1st one too. Good that you have your loyal cat to keep you company.

PipeTobacco said...

I tend to agree with you…. To ME the first one seems MOST like flying IMO. All are very nice, however.

PipeTobacco

Patio Postcards said...

Fun photo session. I am sure you & Lacey will enjoy yourselves, & any adventures or mis adventures, Lacey will remain stump about when Sue returns.

William Kendall said...

Good shots, AC!

Debby said...

I like Vicki's suggestion.AC what makes me happy is that both of you are well enough to permit Sue to go and you to batch it.

roentare said...

Quite happy with the pose.

DJan said...

Very nice! She looks like she can fly, all right. Hope she has a great visit with Sis. :-)

Jeanie said...

I agree with you on the first. The third looks too contrived but the first just looks joyful.

Liz Hinds said...

I like the first composite. Glad you're both well and long may it stay that way. Will you cope well for yourself?

Blondi Blathers said...

'I will be batching it while she enjoys a little reunion with her dear sister.'

We'll all be right over.
Heh heh.
I always tease Scott when I'm away that he'd best be careful I don't drop in at home unexpectedly and catch his girlfriend here.
Wouldn't want him to think I don't think there are other gals who'd want him!
Hope Sue has a good time. Nothing like getting away with women friends.
-Kate

Granny Sue said...

I like all of these, but I think Sue's favorite is mine as well. Have fun batching it!

Jenn Jilks said...

I trust you'll behave on your own! :-)

Marie Smith said...

Lovely composites! Hope Sue is having a great time.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I have several capes too, and many, many hats. But no superpowers. xoxo