Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Old Autumn Colour Photos

I wasn't planning on posting today, but as autumn approaches, I have been perusing some previous photos. They would have all been posted here at some point, but I think that a little repetition is acceptable.

The first two are individual trees in the park by the river. They are both from last year.


Also from last year are two photos from a road just a very short way out of town. I seem to return to this spot every year because it is both pretty and accessible. 


If we drive for even less than an hour, we find ourselves in the very rural highlands.



The final photo for today is older. It's from our last backroads trip to the cottage in 2018. Life changed after that, and we haven't returned. It was by a small creek by the side of the road.





18 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh these are all so beautiful. I can imagine the crisp fall air, the sounds of birds as they fly south, and the warm sunshine that finally is feeling welcome! My favorite season I think, but it's not arrived down south quite yet, sigh. That last one is absolutely stunning.

Granny Sue said...

Yes,definitely time to pull these out. The last is my favorite. Why have you not returned to your cottage? It must have been a lovely, restful place.

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful. Autumn colour is a nice focus before the snow starts flying again.

Margaret said...

I love the color changes of autumn; in the Evergreen State we appreciate that more than most. I'm noticing the red in many of the ornamental maples in my area.

Strayer said...

Oh my the colors in that last photo, all of the variances from the water plant greens to the brown shades of the grass to those gorgeous reds and yellows and oranges mixed into the greens of the trees.

RedPat said...

This is a reminder of the beauty to come.

Jeanie said...

I do love that tunnel of trees. Gorgeous!

DJan said...

The color will just keep getting brighter from here on, until they start to fall.

Vicki Lane said...

These are all gorgeous. The first one makes me think of N.C. Wyeth--the luminosity!

Red said...

Repeats are quite OK.

roentare said...

These autumn photos are gorgeous!

Catalyst said...

Splendid autumnal foliage.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Maple trees some of the most beautiful trees in the fall. So bright and vibrant!

Jenn Jilks said...

That last one is my favourite.
We were in Carleton Place today. There were a few trees that were changing. I hope it is a good season for them. People really need some last-minute colour and cheering up.
And, yes, I got the myosotis reference!

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got some great photos there!

Joanne Noragon said...

Beautiful. I miss my road that displayed all the seasons for me.

Liz Hinds said...

That final one is amazing but all lovely colours.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!