Monday, September 04, 2023

Mainly JJ

JJ was highly featured at my grand birthday bash, largely because he showed off his new room and also donned my new cap at times. 

Speaking of which, should it bother me that other people look better in my hats than I do? I also have past photos of cute Danica wearing one cap or the other.

I tried some new processing in this photo of the boy in my chapeau because it had a bit of a weird colour cast. I could either try to correct the colour or just turn it into a mono image. But of course, I also want the cap in its full glory. I have done selective colour in Photoshop, but I figured I could do an acceptable job in Lightroom.

You be the judges. → →

There are more cap pics in the following composites, as well as some pics rom his new, roomy lair in the basement. ↓

He's got some cool lighting down there in the depths.


The dark, muddy image ( bottom centre ↓ ) is a reflection in his big tv.


He's a wild and crazy kinda guy.


I try too, but it just ain't the same, eh.


At least give me credit for trying. After all it is 3:22am as I get ready to post this. I happily posted recently that I had an 8-hour sleep. Well, I don't think I've gotten 8 hours over the past two nights combined. I didn't sleep much past 2 last night/this morning Go figure.






14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great composites, AC. I wonder if JJ will wear caps when he is your age?

DJan said...

He does look good in your cap, but then again, he probably looks good in everything! He's a handsome fella. And you don't look too shabby in your cap, either. :-)

Vicki Lane said...

He looks great in that cap.

Red said...

JJ looks like a fun grandson. He certainly knows how to clown around but then Grandpa looks like he knows how to clown around too.

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy 76th Birthday! You are blessed with a "small family, but a great family." I wish I could do collages. That would save space on my blog. On the other hand, my blog columns are rather narrow in width, so maybe a collage would produce very tiny pics. Good job on Sue's part. I also like your work, too.

RedPat said...

He looks very good in the cap. And looks pleased with his room.

Margaret said...

I think you look great in caps-much better than I do in hats. JJ has a very cool room and the photos were much fun to look at!

Debby said...

Your grandkids would look great if they were wearing dirty socks on their heads. They are a good looking bunch. Genetic, I imagine.

DB Stewart said...

You make me miss my Grandpa (and my grandkids). Plus...to quote someone JJ's age, that cap is fire.

peppylady (Dora) said...

You have a lovely family. By the way you're 13 years older than me.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

MARY G said...

Yes, you are.
I am impressed by the coloured cap, even if you did not get the extreme right edge. Clever.
Joining you in the no-sleep thing. The lovely new mechanical knee has been whining at night this last while.

Granny Sue said...

The first photo is great! He looks like a great kid, carrying forward some good genes.

Jenn Jilks said...

You folks have so much fun!

William Kendall said...

I've woken up early myself.