Tuesday, September 26, 2023

An Odd Duck Am I

I am an odd duck who is slightly quackers.

This photo ↓ proves it, or it will once I supply the background info. Be patient, dear fellow blogger, and all will be revealed.

With both Sue and me falling prey to certain bodily issues, we have been having probiotic yogurt at least once a day. This is in addition to having a probiotic pill.

I frequently have blueberries, yogurt and granola for breakfast with all three ingredients mixed together in the dish. But I don't want to do this with grapes as you can see in the photo. And I especially don't want them sliced in half first, which is what Sue does. But whether sliced or whole, grapes in that dish put me off for some strange reason.

My solution is to keep them separate as you see in the photo. I then put some of the mix on the spoon and place a grape on top. Surely it's all the same as mixing the grapes right into the dish, but I just don't like to see the grapes mixed in like that. Blueberries yes, grapes no.

One night, we had peaches instead of grapes. Sue thought I would want the peaches on the side. Well no! I want the peaches in the mixture, just as with blueberries. But not those grapes. No siree, Bob!

Yes, I am an odd duck. Quite quackers.

I have another odd food aversion, but I'll write about it some other time.

I don't suppose that any of you have any odd food quirks like this?



4 comments:

Kay said...

I'd never had cereal with yogurt until we went to Australia and discovered we liked it just fine. I now just have it with almond milk, BUT I think I will have it with yogurt again tomorrow now that you've reminded me.

Jenn Jilks said...

You are a character!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Haaahaha grapes on the side. Got it. I like chocolate and I like coffee but I can't stand the taste of them together. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Never have developed a fondness for yogurt.