Monday, September 11, 2023

Still Here

Meh . . . nothing much to post about lately, so I haven't. Of course, that usually hasn't stopped me. 😁

I am dropping into blogland, so you'll know that I am still here and nothing much has changed in my life. There may be a health update next week, but until then, I will park my bodily issues right here.

Onto a few tidbits.

The photoboys and I met for coffee at the Deadly Grounds last week. They've added a prop since we were last there. I was the first to arrive, so I took some selfies with the latest addition while I waited.



The next morning, We met with Bob and Barb for breakfast. It was a huge plate that I didn't finish. This didn't used to happen to me. I am not the man that I used to be.


That night at 4am, I took a phone photo when I stumbled out of bed and looked out the window. There was something about the clouds that interested me, but whatever it was, it is not evident in the photo. It was a very slow shutter speed, and, evidently, I moved the phone. It's a fun result, or at least I think so.


We have been watching quite a lot of tennis from the US Open, and as far as our personal viewing goes, tennis is all done for the year. I understand that some tournaments will still transpire, but most of the season is over. Tennis players will begin to recuperate before starting up again at the Australian Open in January.

The young American Coco Gauff won the ladies US Open title. She also acquitted herself well in the presentation ceremony. She grabbed the mic and speechified very well. On the men's side, Djokovic won his 24th grand slam title. 

Our Canadians were bounced early in both men's and women's singles, but a Canadian lady won the women's doubles. That's Gabriela on the left. Her partner, Erin, is also Canadian for all intents and purposes. She was born to Canadian parents in New Zealand while they were on a year-long, round-the-world adventure, but I believe that she now lives here, and I couldn't detect a kiwi accent.


That's pretty well a wrap for now, but I expect that I will have more to post soon enough. You can't keep an old blogger down for long.

14 comments:

DJan said...

Those are spooky pictures, all right. And I am so happy Coco won! :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Argh! The second blog I open this morning greets me with that face! The scary one. At least it isn't the last one I see before going to sleep! Thanks for checking in - which is just to let us know you're still kicking. Not eating all that plate-full...a good decision! Funny how photos are interesting when not as intended...happens often. Glad to see you're getting out to meet friends.

gigi-hawaii said...

That's a huge breakfast. I wouldn't have finished it, either. David cheered for Coco Gauff, too.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is quite the display!
So, who took your photo?!

Ed said...

Barb doesn't look too pleased with Bob's sausage antics.

Boud said...

The scary picture caption: foreground, AC. :)

Debby said...

Sometimes you just need to let life happen. I've no doubt you will find something to blog about very quickly.

That 'Deadly Grounds' place looks like the sort of place that my grandson would LOVE....but he's too young for coffee!

Margaret said...

That is a terrifying decoration! Glad that you're getting out. That plate looks like a hefty amount of food.

Catalyst said...

I like the one with your colored cap the best. And as for that breakfast plate I would have eaten the eggs and sausage and left the pancake.

roentare said...

Enjoy life! Looks good to have friends dine together.

Marie Smith said...

Hope all stays well on the health front for both of you, AC.

Jeanie said...

Glad you are still here. I've been a bit MIA these days, too. It happens. Living our lives counts for something!

William Kendall said...

I've been running behind lately. Thar prop is a neat touch.

Granny Sue said...

Love that prop! The first photo is great.