Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A Stroll Along the Trail

As many of you may recall, we have a trail not far from here, beginning only two or three blocks from our place. It winds beside the river for a fair way. That sounds nicer than it actually is because you can't see the river along much of the route, particularly at our end. The other drawback is that it is very scrubby alongside much of the trail, so much so that I wouldn't want to call them woods. But the trail still calls to us from time to time, so we went for a wee stroll on Monday afternoon.

Houses back onto the trail in some areas on the side opposite the river. I liked the light hitting the branches on the other side of a fence. 


I've mentioned that you cannot usually see the river from the trail, but I did look through this little gap. You can see the colour appearing over the other side. 


There are two sets of footbridges over the more marshy portions at our end. I had Sue pose where I could find some background colour.




Just beyond that footbridge, gorgeous hydrangeas were hanging over a fence, so Sue obliged again. Her main photo theme this week is the colour, rose, so she took some photos that might or might not be of some use.



On the way back, some bright orange leaves hung over the trail in one spot, so I raised my camera and took my final snapshot of our little stroll.


It was a nice little outing on quite a quintessentially, lovely September day.

5 comments:

MARY G said...

I really like the portrait shots of Sue.

Kay said...

This is so lovely! Happy Fall!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is a great park. So many photo ops!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Sue looks gorgeous. I love any photos of autumn leaves. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours.