Saturday, September 16, 2023

Caturday 53: Sabine Likes My Company

You know that Sue is away, but so is Shauna, so I have been tasked with visiting Sabine. I go over at 8, right after I have my morning pill, and I stay for a little more than an hour.

The cat loves her loving, but it's hard to get pictures because she is very active, constantly rolling about.



She sat by her water dish for a long time. It's on a timer and spurts a little fountain every now and then.


That was on Thursday. On Friday, after several failed attempts, I managed to get a pic of my hand rubbing her belly. Yes, she likes that – very much.


I caught her looking into the frame of Lola. The dog doesn't live here but is a loved friend – loved by Sha and the kids, I mean. I am not sure that Sabine would have the same feelings. In point of fact, I am sure that she wouldn't.


When I made moves to leave, she meowed and chirped at me. It seemed that she didn't want me to go, so I sat back down and petted her for awhile.

I did feel bad leaving her as she almost followed me to the door with what seemed like a wistful look in her eyes..

Lacey, on the other hand, isn't bothered by my coming and going as she sleeps on my blanket on my chair beside my new sweater.


But here she is at 5:40 by chair as I handfeed her kibble. Sorry, no photo as my phone is not close by at the moment. But you've seen one in the past.


24 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Modern technology! The automatic watering dish is quite something! You won’t be lonely keeping the cats company!

DJan said...

Some cats really don't like to be alone. Sabine is one of them, it seems.

Boud said...

Lacey van afford to be casual, because she knows you're always there to ignore!

Jinksy said...

Thanks for visiting, A.C.! I think your fog-bound photo would be a great match for my "stormy - night" imagining, except for the fact mine wasn't real like yours. :-)
Wise cats do well to stay home in similar weather!

Vicki Lane said...

You are a good guy to be giving Sabine the companionship she wants!

Bindu said...

A cat lets you rub her belly, which is a sign of a cat's trust and love. My cat also loves company. I am thinking about getting a cat fountain

Jeanie said...

Lacey and Lizzie seem cut from the same cloth. More or less diffident. Until (If) they choose to be otherwise. At least you can get reliable snugs from Sabine!

Margaret said...

What a sweet kitty! Mari is quite affectionate with me but not with others. Cats are very different from each other!

RedPat said...

Sabine is probably missing all the normal activity at here house.

Granny Sue said...

How nice that you go check up on Sabine. She is surely missing her people.

Barbara Rogers said...

Such a good grandpa-kitty sitter. I'm happy that that one at least responds to and even begs for petting. I've very seldom been able to pet a cat's tummy!

PipeTobacco said...

Sabine is cute beyond words! I like seeing that though she is primarily a grey tabby, she has an orange underbelly! So cute!

PipeTobacco

Catalyst said...

Lovely kitties!

roentare said...

It looks so domesticated in your pics. Cute and fluffy to feel the fur.

Damselfly said...

Sabine sounds & looks like such an adorable girl! You've an honored human to be able to scratch/rub her belly. 😊😸
Have a lovely weekend with Sabine & Lacey.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like the cat has it own T.V
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Tom said...

Just catching up ... I haven't been around much lately. Love the photos. That spurting water dish sounds really cool!

Jenn Jilks said...

Good job cat sitting!

My son's cat is obese, and they have their food on a timer. The cat knows it is time, though, and lines up.

MARY G said...

I think you must be a cat whisperer.

MARY G said...

I think you must be a cat whisperer.

MARY G said...

I think you must be a cat whisperer.

William Kendall said...

Sabine is a sweetheart- despite my previous association with that name. A former co worker by that name ended up becoming a thoroughly unpleasant person before she was shown the door.

Lacey looks comfortable.

Jenny the Pirate said...

My cat would freak out if she had a water fountain! That's awesome. xoxo

Strayer said...

Awe sweet Sabine, she is lonely and wanted you to stay. I've had such issues with that response pet sitting for neighbors or friends I become filled with guilt and stay for hours.