Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Years Eve Fireworks, 2021, on New Years Eve, 2022

Last NYE I really enjoyed photographing the township fireworks, and I made three separate posts for your viewing pleasure. As of this morning, I don't plan on going again this year. My friend, Bob, is not up to it, and, quite frankly, I don't want to do it without him. If I were going to stand out in the cold, I would want someone with me to share the misery. If I were tempted to prevail, the weather would dissuade me, for with all of the rain, I would be standing in slush.

However, I didn't post all of my photos last year, although I surely posted what I thought were the best ones. Here are a few that didn't make the cut last year.



By the end of the show, there is a whole lot of smoke in the air.



Thank you for bearing with my meandering ramblings for another year. For some of you, it has been many years, and I have always appreciated your comments and support.


14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

As always, you've made beautiful photos that record the moment. These are quite cheerful enough to make it through another year!

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy 🎉 New Year to you as well, John and Sue, and looking forward to another hear of blog friendship. And, it would not be much fun to be outdoors without a good friend. Hope that both Sue and Bob are feeling better in 2023.

Debby said...

I remember this picture!

Happy New Year!

Margaret said...

As always, I'm lost in admiration of your ability to photograph fireworks. I'm always a little too late to press the button!

Jeanie said...

I remember this series! I don't know that I'll make it till midnight this year so I hope you'll share more from 2022! Meanwhile, sending all good wishes to you and Sue for a very happy new year.

RedPat said...

These are great shots. The rain will be finished here by midnight but we will be staying inside in the warmth.

Suemn said...

Thanks for the fireworks photos from last year. They are still wonderful to see. I don't think my city puts on fireworks for the new year. Not that I know of anyway. Best wishes to you and Sue for 2023!

roentare said...

That is just so exquisite! Happy New Year to you and wish 2023 a bright and stunning new year

Vicki Lane said...

You capture fireworks so well! Happy New Year!

Marie Smith said...

Lovely to see the fireworks, no matter the year!

MARY G said...

They are truly joyous. And the way the weather is today, this year's may vanish in the fog.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm finding that I am less inclined to go out and capture a photo in the forest, preferring to stay nearer the house! I have so many in my files, I don't need any more.

Kay said...

If you were here in Hawaii on my 2nd floor, you'd have gotten a gazillion shots, but I'm loving your photos here from last year.