Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Eve — Day

For much of my life Christmas Eve was the actual evening before Christmas Day. At some point in time, it seemed to become the whole day. Perhaps I was wrong then; perhaps I am wrong now. All that I know for sure is that life confuses me. Hence the title: Christmas Eve — Day.

I had no plan to post today, especially now that it is yesterday as I time this to post on Christmas Day, but here I am throwing this post together before we head to the kids' for our annual overnighter.

We have decided to let Sha pick us up and drive us over. For one thing, she will be out anyway. For another thing, we'll only have to dig out one car tomorrow, which we have established is now today (or later) for you.

Our snow removal contractor does a great job. It took us years before we found a good one, but they can't get near the garage door, and they don't do walkways. Those places are up to me, or sometimes Sue, and at other times even our helpful neighbours.

Anyway, Sue followed along with her phone and took these pictures from the garage and then the porch. She catches me at least once every winter.



It was windy, and the snow blew back.






17 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see you out working on snow. I hope your back didn't complain too much. Happy Christmas to you and your family!

William Kendall said...

That is quite a lot of snow.

Marie Smith said...

Merry Christmas Day, AC. No shovelling today I hope!

Margaret said...

It seems painful to shovel snow although is that light powdery stuff? Ours is usually very heavy and fairly rare. I don't own a snow shovel although in a huge February snowstorm a few years ago I used a garden rake to clear out my driveway so I could back my car out of the garage. People made fun of me, but it worked! Hope you had a great day or days with the fam!

peppylady (Dora) said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Red said...

You're a little confused to day but you'll get by!!!I wouldn't like to shovel all your snow. I hope you have a good Christmas.

Joanne Noragon said...

That's even more work, John. Do you want a prize>

DJan said...

It looks like you're having fun while working hard! Merry Christmas to all!

The Furry Gnome said...

Luckily our snow guy doe have a team that shovels, as we as the big blower for the drive.

MARY G said...

Talk about moving snow! JG had to take the tractor down the road to break through a drift too high for daughter's loaded sedan. But they got here, my wonderful kids cooked the dinner and a fine time was had by all.

DrumMajor said...

Ask Santa for one of those TORO one-foot wide electric snow shovels. Mine lasted 40 years before I gave it away and got a new one. They're wonderful for oldish folks and can clear sidewalks and drives quickly. It shoots out snow like a plow 4-6 feet away! Be careful! Linda in Kansas

gigi-hawaii said...

How awful, all that snow to shovel. I don't envy you. Blessed am I to not have to deal with that. Hope you had a great time with your family.

NGS said...

I find it comforting in some way that although we live in different countries, we still have the same yellow shovel and that same wind was blowing snow back at both of us. Merry Christmas!

RedPat said...

At least it wasn't the heavy slushy snow of a week ago. We only got about an inch of snow here.
It cost $50- to go inside Casa Loma for the Christmas event. A bit pricey I think.

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of snow.

Patio Postcards said...

The red jacket, the yellow shovel makes for colourful winter snow photos. Sending along wishes for a very Happy New Year. May 2023 be a kind year to you.

Jeanie said...

We got some good snow -- but you have more! Looks cold!