Friday, December 02, 2022

One of Us is Sleeping

I generally go to bed ~10:30-11:00. I am up pretty early, so that time works for me.

Last night my hockey team was playing out west, so the game started 2 hours later than usual. I did not intend to watch it all, but it was a pretty good game, so I did. It was midnight or very close to it when I turned in.

I got up to pay my respects to the porcelain bowl around 3:30-4:00.

As I snuggled back in, I thought that I should have closed the bedroom door.

Sure enough, I was found by the cat, and she climbed aboard.

There was a time when she would leave shortly if I didn’t acknowledge her, but those days have passed.

Now, she gets on board and stays. Sometimes, I begin to drift off regardless, but then she moves and jars me back to unfortunate reality  

So yeah, I was up before 5:00 after less than 5 hours of sleep. It was a night in which my body was ready to get another hour or so, but it was not to be.

Now, guess who is up and guess who is off sleeping somewhere. 



19 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I hear you.
We've both been having trouble sleeping since this gun range nightmare.

Patio Postcards said...

Sleep is also a challenge in this house. One of my fur girls seems to be having difficulty sleeping past 3:30AM & when she's awake, she wants cuddles. Maybe this afternoon you can get a cat nap in :)

DJan said...

I got a great night's sleep back in my own bed, with my own pillow, and my own dear partner! :-)

Marie Smith said...

You need a cat nap today, AC.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sleeping with someone, even a cat, does give oneself an awareness of the other, even when sound asleep. I loved seeing a friend's sleep range as accounted on some neat techno device...how long he had deep sleep as opposed to REM sleep etc. He is trying to have more deep sleep. I'm with you, just plain ole sleep is very welcome, and I admit to using some pharmocolical crutches...tylenol if there's pain anywhere, and a tiny bit of an old antidepressant that makes me drowsy.

Jeanie said...

I feel for you. Lizzie doesn't bug me till the feet hit the ground. Then she doesn't shut up!

Marcia said...

She likes the warmth of your bed. Take a nap today like she's doing.

William Kendall said...

Lacey knows her routine and likes it just so.

Boud said...

Animals do this. They get you up and go back to bed themselves, job done.

Ed said...

These short daylight days, I'm in bed a lot earlier than you, but I make up for it by being up a lot earlier too. I enjoy those early morning hours when nobody else is up.

gigi-hawaii said...

Man, get rid of the cat.

Debby said...

We are having the same sleep issues here as well. Somebody always slipping out of bed because they cannot sleep.

Margaret said...

Mari gets closed up in her room during the night; if not, she cries outside my bedroom door and scratches. I don't want her in my bedroom or bed either! I love her but with limits. Sorry for the shortened sleep. Perhaps a nap is called for? (you not the cat)

RedPat said...

Cats rule. I hope that you get some sleep tonight.

Red said...

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

William Kendall said...

Cats certainly get their way.

Joanne Noragon said...

I am so looking forward to getting a geriatric cat and seeing if I relearn any of the bad habits.

MARY G said...

Laughing. Poor you.

Kay said...

Ouch! I'm having sleeping problems too. I think it would be very difficult if I had a furry creature in bed with us.