Monday, July 08, 2019

Celtfest Friday Part 3

Yeah . . . I'm still stuck on Friday night even though Saturday and Sunday at Celtfest have come and gone. I will try to be disciplined and make this my last Friday post. It will be hard for me lol, but I'll do it.

Every year, I try to get a full photo of the night stage, but my attempt this year wasn't good. This one of the partial stage, taken from my seat, will have to do.



The drummer continued to impress me, whether in the foreground or background.




The lead singer had quite a good voice.



The guitarist again, this time leading the crowd.



One of those group shots, which are a bit rare (or they don't last long) but fun to get.



The two pipers are brothers, and I discovered that they hail from close to Sarnia where I lived for more than two decades. One lives in Petrolia where I taught for twelve years. I don't know if he went to that school, but if he did, I never met him. The band first formed in 1998 when I was no longer teaching in that school.





Alright then! I will force myself to leave Friday night although I suspect that these shots are more interesting (for me) than what I will see when I peruse the other photos.


3 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great photos as usual, AC.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You always get such great photos of the performers and this 3-part series was no exception. I especially liked seeing the father and daughter and the young girl who danced onstage. That fiddler caught in a mid-air jump was obviously having a great time!

William Kendall said...

You wonder what the people who first developed the bagpipes would make of the instrument being used in what's essentially more of a rock setting.