Friday, July 05, 2019

Lady Slippers Part 2

Well . . . after shopping and thising and thating to prepare for company yesterday, I found some time on my hands, so I went through my lady slipper photos.

My usual reaction when I first upload and peruse my photos, is bluck. I see what is wrong, which is frequently a lot. They're also in RAW format, so require a little contrast, saturation, brightening or whatever. But I forget this at first.

When I had a more unhurried look yesterday, I found myself liking many quite a bit more. A few required very little processing, except maybe for some cropping. Others required a bit more tweaking to bring out the best.

I love the background light and bokeh in this one. I guess I could wish more more vibrant flowers, but you can't have everything, or at least I can't. Perhaps I could have processed it a bit more, but I left it almost unedited.



Two more of not much processing. I liked the leaves behind the blooms and the natural texture in the background.




There were a few others where I liked the leaves and grasses as much as the flowers themselves.






The flowers will likely be fading already but should return for a few weeks in mid-June next year. Perhaps I will get there again.


10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Love the softness of these photos!

Barbara Rogers said...

And my favorites are the crisp ones! So we have different tastes. They are all precious!

Tabor said...

They are so different in mood. I do like them all. I find that photo processing is something I like to do these days. I can take a really good photo, but I want to tweak it to the edge of something like an art project. Oh well.

Jenn Jilks said...

Ours were early, and few this year. I totally missed them! Yours are lovely.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...


If I had to vote on my personal favorites in this group, then #1 and #2 would win. I have only seen lady slippers up close once here in NH and never when we lived in other states. They are so fleetingly beautiful and delicate as your photos clearly show, AC..

William Kendall said...

I like these macros, especially the last one.

Shammickite said...

I like the ones showing the grass, they don't look quite as planned as the others.

Joanne Noragon said...

They all are nice!

Kay said...

They're all beautiful, but I rather like the dark contrasting background.

Kay said...

They're all beautiful, but I rather like the dark contrasting background.