Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Backyard and Downtown

It's been a few years since I photographed the Penstemon (beardtongue) flowers. I have them planted out front, but with the tree growing bigger in the middle of the garden, they no longer do well there. However, last year, I transplanted one to the back where it has thrived. Unfortunately, it was in decline by the time I decided to snatch a few photos, but there were still enough decent blooms to snap a couple of shots.



Sometimes, I feel the need to get out on my own and to just wander about with the camera, so that same evening, I drove to a few spots downtown.

I have taken several photos of townhall from this angle from across the river in better light than this, but this will do with a longer lens than I normally use in this situation..



I then wandered over the St James church. It is Pride Week, and this church embraces the event as you can see by the flag over the doorway. I left the flowers in the shot deliberately, but I really needed a wider lens to do it properly. I was shooting with a long lens that evening in all of the photos.


My next stop was on the bridge where I incorporated the beautiful hanging flower baskets into two photos. This first one has the townhall tower in the background. I might return some time with a tripod and use photo stacking to get both the flowers and the tower in focus. But I like this well enough as is with the tower a bit out of focus.


Finally, looking upriver past the flowers.


As an after thought, I am including a photo of Danica by the river, from  earlier in the day.


8 comments:

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos . Thats Danica ? wow my how has she grown .

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the short focal length on the first 2 flowers, and the next to the last of flowers and river. The last is also a great pensive shot. St. James reflected flag is very pleasing, but the pile of flowers on top of a pole leave me feeling off balance (though you call them hanging, there's nothing hanging indicated.)

MARY G said...

Flowers on the railing and the Danica shot, for me. Neat focal planes.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Very nice photos. You live in a beautiful area. I wonder when that town hall was built.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

Marie Smith said...

Love the variety in these photos, AC.

Joanne Noragon said...

Great shots. You are a fine photographer, and have much worth capturing.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done. It's such a nice town.
Your grandies are wonderful!