Monday, July 22, 2019

Pride

Our town had its second annual Pride event this weekend. It was as hot as the hinges on the door to you know where, but, as a semi official event photographer for the town, I determined to go and take some pictures regardless. Of course, we also wanted to support Pride and would have made an appearance regardless. We just might not have stayed so long.

As it turned out, we stayed for two hours before we took a brief break. We came home for a few minutes. When I changed my sweat-soaked shirt, I struggled to get it off because it was almost stuck to me. I returned to the for maybe less than a half hour but had to call it quits. Sitting in the high, early afternoon sunlight in temperatures of 34C/93F in very high humidity which made it feel like 46C/114F became a little too much for the old guy.

Speaking of hot and old, do you know that older folk don't process the heat as well as younger people?  So, be careful out there.

I took a ton of photos to record the event, but I will limit my output here to just a few dozen. Sort of kidding, but there are more than a dozen.

Bob, the other event photgrapher


Pics of Sue.




Sue with Danica and friends



Danica and friends




The fire department was there to help cool off those who were game.



A few of the performers








It was a delightful event, which I cut a little short because I am a bit of a wimp.

6 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved seeing the presenters...who also must have been sweltering! Those pink sunglasses are great! Yes, take care in this heat...and enjoy freezing in an air-conditioned place when you can!

Marie Smith said...

It’s great to see the young people involved. They will lead the way for the rest of us!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Great shots- the first few singers look miserably hot! It's so humid here I can imagine what you went through. Yes, the older I get, the more I can't handle the heat!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

What a great event! So colorful, no pun intended.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love your Pride photos!
And Sue, the poster gramma for Lanark Lifestyles!

William Kendall said...

These are terrific takes!