Monday, September 02, 2024

One More Orbit

One more orbit but not yet an obit. 

Today I celebrate #77. There will be no dancing, but I am here to wave my virtual hands to all and sundry.

On Friday, we went out with friends for birthday breakfast.

Flowers at the table.

You can see Bob taking the picture in the far mirror.

I had the Chefs Bowl. This is my normal selection. When I say "normal," I mean several times a year. So I indulge.



It is not often that my birthday falls on Labour Day. Indeed, my actual birth day in 1947 was the day afterwards although I think both mother and son laboured in their own ways. School starts on the day after Labour Day, and as far as I can recall, I've only had to labour in the classroom once on Labour Day.

In wild celebration, I shall do two September 02 Sudoku puzzles on my app – this year's and the 2022 puzzle. 
That might take some explaining, but it's simple. Although I have played a lot of sudokus, I didn't start doing the daily challenge until sometime in 2023. Until then, I had selected a random puzzle, usually a hard or medium difficulty level. Since then, as well as playing the daily puzzle, I have also been working backwards to complete former daily puzzles of 2023 and 2022. When I got back to the September 02 2022 puzzle, i decided to leave it for today even though I am otherwise past it in June 2022.
Yes, I am weird. And No, I will not go back to 2021 once I have completed 2022. At that time, I shall most likely continue to do the current daily puzzle and probably a randomly generated one or two.
We will get together with the younger ones at suppertime. Let me tells ya that it is quite a crowd when all five of us throng together, ;)  There is one more person in our little family, but that child is thousands of miles away. This is what happens when two Only children (my parents) have an Only (me), and I only have two kids, one of whom remains childless. In fact, my surname will die with me although there are others in the world who are named Rayner. I have personally only met two Rayners in my whole 77 years. They were brothers whom I taught.

By odd coincidence, it is also that far-flung child's birthday today. I received quite a birthday gift back in 1978.

early 90s probably

I couldn't help announcing myself and seeking your approbation, and I'll probably have an update tomorrow of all of my wondrous doings of today.
.





28 comments:

Sandra said...

Happiest of Birthday wishes to you! May you and yours have a riotous good time! I look forward to your update.

AWmom said...

Happy Birthday! Sto Lat! I enjoy your blog!

Barbara Rogers said...

Happiest of birthday wishes for you today and throughout your spin around the sun! Keep on blogging!

MARY G said...

You and your younger daughter have the same birthday? Or am I reading incorrectly? I am sure your mother noted Labour Day on your birth year, yes, indeed.
I hope your family fun and festivity is fabulous.

RedPat said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Should Fish More said...

Happy Birthday, young man!

Margaret said...

The happiest of birthdays to you and your younger daughter! I know this day is supposed to be all about you, but I have to mention that Sue's hair looks stunning in that photo of her. My oldest grandson shares a birthday with my uncle, that uncle's son, another uncle and a cousin. Popular date!

Granny Sue said...

A very happy birthday, AC! It sounds like the celebration will continue, as well it should.
My husband is also from a small family. His parents had 4, two boys, two girls. Her older brother had no children. His older sister had 3, but none of them had children. His twin had 2 sons, and only one had a child. We had a son together, who is also childless. So only one little boy will carry on the family name. Now my side, well, we are pretty prolific!

Cloudia said...

This is a happy day for your friends who enjoy your company. May you celebrate many, many many happy birthdays in the future! Aloha to you

DrumMajor said...

Happy Birthday! Who's that dark-bearded guy in the throw back photo? Linda in Kansas

Boud said...

Happy birthday, AC!! And many more. I knew a person, married name Rayner, locally. Always having to explain how to spell it, no, not with an o!

DJan said...

Happy birthday, dear friend!

Karen said...

Best Wishes for many HEALTHY more.

DB Stewart said...

Happy Birthday! Long may yer lum reek.

PipeTobacco said...

Happy Birthday! One of my sisters is only six days younger than you.

PipeTobacco

Rosalea said...

Have a wonderful day!! Best wishes for many more!!!

Celia said...

Happy Birthday and many more. Party hearty.

roentare said...

A great birthday wish to you. Wish more good years to follow

Red said...

Happy birthday. Have a great day and a great breakfast.

Ed said...

Happy Birthday! I hope I'm still around and doing Sudoku when I am your age in another 16 years.

tz_garden said...

Happy Birthday! My daughter and I share a birthday as well - isn't it lovely?!

Debby said...

Happy 77th, AC. I was surprised to see the picture of you and your daughter. It's easy to see who Danica takes after! Also, your smile has not changed.

Vicki Lane said...

Happy Birthday, John! And many, many more!

Joanne Noragon said...

Happy birthday! Keep on....

Marie Smith said...

Happy birthday, AC. I hope this will be a wonderful year for you!

Judy from Maine said...

Happy Birthday, my Canadian friend.

Marcia said...

I missed seeing this yesterday. Came back to check it out after seeing today's posting. Happy belated birthday.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated very Happy 🎂🎉 Birthday greetings even if I am a day behind in the well wishes, AC. I skipped blog reading for a couple of days.