Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Silhouette Mission Accomplished

Following the advice of friend Nick, Sue and I went down to the park at golden hour, hoping for silhouettes in the backlight.

However, for the most part, we just managed golden light, and there's nothing wrong with that.


At this resolution, I am not sure if you can see the cloud of insects behind the ladies.

How sweet!

This lady and her dog both clocked me taking their picture. Bad AC.


Eventually, I did catch a young fisherman in the right spot for silhouettes, which was mostly really me getting to the right spot. I just just had to line up with the sun better.



Mission accomplished.

18 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great shots, AC. As always! The young fisherman is my favourite.

Val Ewing said...

These are so stunning. You really are a master of light.
All of your shots tell a story.
The backlighting is fantastic.
The silhouettes in the last shots are stunning.

Well done.

jabblog said...

Oh, that glorious golden light. Wonderful photographs, particularly of the young angler.

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats of achievement evening! I rather like the first gorgeous evergreen...though I guess it's a bit boring compared to the young fisherman.

RedPat said...

Wonderful shots of the young guy.

Ed said...

Beautiful pictures! I find I am often gravitated towards similar shots in the evening, especially with water in the foreground.

Marcia said...

Nice silhouettes.

Margaret said...

These are spectacular! I love all of them, especially the fisherman. Golden light is magical.

gigi-hawaii said...

I love the golden light, which is so lovely. Like that photo of the man or boy fishing a lot. Good job!

MARY G said...

And gold stars to you for all of them but especially the first and the closer shot of the fisherboy. Loved the composition of that one.

Granny Sue said...

Wow! Those last two are perfection! The others are great, but those two are the best.

DB Stewart said...

These remind of Kacey Musgrave's fantastic album, Golden Hour and one of my favourites from that record: Oh What a World.

roentare said...


The silhouette is gorgeous

Jeanie said...

They don't call it the golden hour for nothing! Every photo is lovely.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful light and a terrific silhouette sho!

Red said...

Awesome last two photos. You just have to see the right thing.

Debby said...

Those silhouettes are gorgeous. That golden light makes everything look a bit magical doesn't it?

Cloudia said...

These really are beautiful shots that added to my day. Thank you dear Aloha