Friday, August 16, 2024

In a Field of Daisies

I frequently bemoan that I am no longer doing much photography, but I have another phone pic today, along with some editing in Photoshop. (I had a few posts in the queue and this was supposed to have been posted before yesterdays blog, which also contained photos.) 

About twice a year, we take heavier loads to the laundromat so as not to overburden our own washing machine. This time it was to wash floor mats.

While Sue waited inside, I went out to sit in the car. I looked up and saw a vintage car in a driveway just across the road.

I ambled over with my phone.

The hood was up, and I saw that the hobbyist was installing
quite a modern-looking engine.

Back home on the computer, I wondered if I could use AI to change the surroundings. After selecting the car I asked for a field of daisies to be placed around it. While I had pictured something different, this works for me.

Never look to closely when I do stuff like this because I don't get  into the painstaking details, so the shadows are wrong and perhaps other things too. I am just experimenting and am happy to have accomplished what I have.


As I often do, I also made a mono conversion. I think that was the best result on this occasion.


At least I am keeping my hand in the hobby to some degree.


20 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Wow, that is interesting how you can 'imagine' and ask for a different background like that!
I really like it!

Marie Smith said...

Experimenting with AI looks like it might be fun!

Barbara Rogers said...

You are becoming an AI master. I do like your choice of car with field of daisies.

DJan said...

Sure looks good in that field of daisies. Great job if you ask me.

Sandra said...

And I remember how awed photoshop made me! I like all these photos.

Granny Sue said...

What a cool car. I wonder what make and model it is. Fun stuff with the AI.

PipeTobacco said...

Wow, AI is an amazing tool in photography it seems…..my AI foray has been mostly looking at how it can write. Both forms are a bit scary to think about.

gigi-hawaii said...

Well, good for you for using AI. It's something which I know little about.

Debby said...

You know what I love best about that last picture? It's in keeping with the age of the car, if you get me. It's as if I am looking at a car from the 1940s (wild guess) in a picture taken at that time. The black and white also mutes the rust and damage. It looks new again.

Margaret said...

I love the daisies, especially in black and white.

PipeTobacco said...

Interesting…. I do not recognize that vehicle, even though I am pretty decent at knowing most makes and models (a caveat I guess would be I mean from the 1950s to the present). Do you know what the make/model/year is of that beast? I am guessing it must be a late 40s vehicle of some sort, but I really do not know.

PipeTobacco

PipeTobacco said...

The vehicle ALMOST looks like a badly done AI generation of a VW Beetle. :)

PipeTobacco

RedPat said...

In this case I actually like the B&W best. You are really good in photoshop.

gz said...

Yes I join in preferring the B&W. Colours can distract

DB Stewart said...

I especially like the juxtaposition of the tires.

roentare said...


I am taking a 4-week break from photography so far. Just to heal my thigh. It might not be a bad thing

Jenn Jilks said...

You are amazing! I love the work you do.

Vicki Lane said...

That works beautifully! And I remember cars like that.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The monochrome one was my favorite as well, AC. Since I know nothing about using AI with photo images, could you perhaps do a post in the future on the process it seems there are several others interested as well, thanks.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh I disagree about which one is best ... it's the color version for me! Astounding, AC! Beautiful work. xoxo