Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Dull Morning

On Monday morning, we both awoke bright and early to get to the neighbourhood park for an early photo. Sue thought she might catch some morning light for her daily photo: the prompt where she is to return to the same place on the 5th of each month.

The trouble is that the sun did not rise that morning (so to speak) which resulted in dreariness. Also, the pond was pretty doggone scummy. She usually just takes a photo of the scene, but since the scene was so poor on that morning, I suggested that she put herself into the picture to add interest.

She showed me the composition that she wanted. It took me several tries, but I still didn't quite get as much sky as she wished. As much as I tried, I don't think my photobrain would allow me to distort the scene like that. It's odd because I do distort quite deliberately sometimes. Perhaps I hadn't had enough sleep, for it had been a bit of a rough night.

Here's the shot, but don't let anyone tell you that the camera doesn't lie, for it wasn't that bright. In fact, this was after dulling it down for the straight phone version was even brighter.


Sue did play with various filters, just for fun.


It was such a dull day that I didn't bother to take a single picture with my own camera. It has been that kind of summer.

17 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Isn't it strange how the phone cameras just willy nilly capture and give bright images, when we know it's dull out there!

Debby said...

Sue is a bright spot in a gloomy day!

Jenn Jilks said...

Those automatic setting work some times!

Marie Smith said...

I love that moody sky! The filter shots are interesting too.

Jeanie said...

I hear you on dull day!

gigi-hawaii said...

It turned out fine. I like the composition.

Sandra said...

Sue brightens up the photo all on her own!

Cloudia said...

May you enjoy some uplifting and brilliant days very soon. Aloha to both of you

Margaret said...

Adorable photo of Sue! Sorry for the gray. It's like that here this morning too.

Val Ewing said...

Modern camera sensors sure do bring in more light than the human eye can see. I notice that when I am doing Milky Way photos and this past May when I was amazed at how the Northern Lights showed up on my camera!

Hopefully you get some rest tonight!

Granny Sue said...

The composite is interesting, even if it was a dull day. I kind of wish we had one un-sunny day. I am weary of bright sunshine. Remind me of that in November!

RedPat said...

Sue makes the shot special. I hate these dull days.

PipeTobacco said...

The greatness is here as well. I do like the images, however.

PipeTobacco

DJan said...

I think the composite is pretty darn good!

roentare said...

I love heading out in the early morning. Less crowd and fresh air

Red said...

Well, even if you didn't get the photo you wanted, sue had a lot of fun.

Liz Hinds said...

I like the 'island' one especially.