Monday, December 04, 2023

November Sunset

Sue's photo group is heavily American, so it's a bit problematic for a Canadian when they insist on landscapes in December, especially when there is no snow cover to brighten the scene. However, when we saw the cloud formation as sunset was nearing, we headed to the trail (former railway) bridge. Sunset was to be at 4:23 that afternoon, and we were taking pictures at about 4:15.


For once, I was not shooting toward town hall, which was lying well off to the left of this ↑ photo. That is the dam in the lower section, and the faint lights beyond it are at the restaurant where we sometimes have had breakfast on the patio.

This ↓ is a landscape view in which you might see the green and red lights beginning to come on the bridge for Christmas. Presumably they would have been more vivid when it would become totally dark. There are vehicles on the bridge, and if my photoshop were working, I probably would have taken a moment to clone them away. (Of course, some of what I describe — lights and vehicles — are pretty difficult to see at this resolution, but they are quite visible on a high resolution view at full screen.)


I am thinking that the dam might be interesting if I were to use a telephoto lens in the right light when it would be snow-covered. I'll try to bear that in mind.




23 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful captures of that light, AC.

DJan said...

Fabulous sunsets! Thank you for sharing such beauty with me.

Marcia said...

You captured a great winter sunset.

Patio Postcards said...

Oh the evening light is lovely. great photos

Boud said...

That sky is great.

Liz Hinds said...

What a dramatic sky!

Debby said...

That is a terrific shot! It looks almost like flames!

gigi-hawaii said...

Well done. I love the golden orange and brown hues in the pictures. I guess one could consider the view American, sort of. Not so much the vegetation. It's the sky, that looks like a shot of the mid-West.

MARY G said...

The first one. I can clone if you want it cleaned.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful capture of the clouds...good planning there!

Anvilcloud said...

Mary, I should have PS up and running in the fairly near future, for I have ordered a new computer.

RedPat said...

The sky that you captured is the star of these shots.

Catalyst said...

That's an amazing sky show.

roentare said...

Very memorable sunset there

Cloudia said...

I love these photos. Thank you very much! Aloha!

Red said...

The challenge for Sue just gets better.

Margaret said...

What an incredible sky!

dellgirl said...

It is always fun to come over here and enjoy your beautiful photos. Love the awesome sunset shot! Thank you for sharing this. Wishing you a fabulous Week, my friend!

Anvilcloud said...

Her challenge but my photos. I will usually think to be clear and give credit if they are hers.

Joanne Noragon said...

A beautiful sky.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies.

Granny Sue said...

That is just a great sunset. And great photos. You were able to capture the ambience of the evening so well.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Perfectly charming! I love the golden light and the criss-crossy clouds. xoxo