Sunday, December 17, 2023

Later, Dude

Still no monitor in Anvilcloudia. It has been picked up by Purolator, but I have had no subsequent update after the wee hours os Saturday morning — 1:12AM to be exact. Apparently, they put their emphasis on the Lator part of their moniker. I was originally told that it might come last Friday but am now advised that it may not arrive until this Wednesday.

While I can, quite obviously, post from my tablet, I cannot comment from either it or my phone. I did try from Sue’s laptop two nights ago, but the process was neither fun nor fluid, so I gave up. Sorry about that, especially since catching up on many days of blog-reading will be too daunting for me, particulary in this busy season. I will have to begin commenting on new posts whenever I get back in the blogging game for real  

Part of this season’s busyness is Sauna’s birthday. My baby will be 51 on Wednesday, and we’ll do a little dinner here. 

Last night I moved from my chair to the bed after not being able to settle in my chair.  It was my first attempt at using the bed in about a month. The previous trial only lasted for minutes. This time I did get a few hours of sleep in bed, so progress I guess. I might have slept there a little longer, but the cat found me at 4 o’clock, purring and making biscuits on my hapless body. I did not indulge her but hied back to my chair and managed to get another two hours of sleep. For whatever reason, she doesn’t pester me in the chair at night — just in the bed. Yet, she will visit me in the chair during the day. Cats:who can comprehend?

She doesn’t really visit Sue in bed, lucky woman, but her lap is fair game at lunch time, and she does’t let Sue’s lunch get in her way  


So, that is I, explaining what is going on and why, for the time being, I am not paying attention to your pics and prose on your exemplary posts.  



17 comments:

Boud said...

No worries! So your baby's a Sag? Sags rule!

Debby said...

As long as normal life continues on in Anvilcloudia, I am content to wait.

Vicki Lane said...

So sorry about the sleep problems. With my wonky knees and back, I've found that having a pillow under my knees, if I'm on my back or between my knees, when I'm on my side, is helpful.

Jenn Jilks said...

You just worry about sleep!
This is high season for courier companies. You will have to be patient!
All the best, and don't worry about visiting. Stuff happens!

RedPat said...

I look forward to you being back to normal sometime in the future. There always something that goes wrong, it seems.

Margaret said...

That's frustrating but I completely understand! Without my laptop I'm helpless to post or comment, then catching up feels overwhelming. So I usually find the post with the most intriguing title and read that one plus the most recent one to catch up.

roentare said...

I cannot believe how much we rely on our desktop or laptop. Sue looks like having the best of her time enjoying life.

Catalyst said...

No worries, A.C. BTW, our cat is of several minds and habits, also. Can't ever figure out a cat.

Marcia said...

I'm quietly celebrating my birthday today. Haven't decided whether to post about it or not.
How's the shoulder therapy going?

Anvilcloud said...

Therapy isn’t going quickly.

Note: I am surprised that I can comment on my own blog. It hasn’t always been the case, believe it or not.

Granny Sue said...

No worries, we know you're out there. Just keep posting. It is odd that you can't comment from your phone though. I do it from my phone all the time, like right now. Tbe difference between an iPhone and an android I guess?

Joanne Noragon said...

Sue's lunch may not be in her way, but is adversely affecting her cattitude.

gigi-hawaii said...

Well, if you can't visit my blog today, the news is that David is in the nursing home for rehab on his knee due to a bad fall. Don't know when he'll be discharged. Looks like he'll be spending the holidays at the nursing home.

Barbara Rogers said...

I sometimes think my blogging friends are just bots - some Russian kids have a homework assignment to make up people that will have social contacts (we do seem to be of an age, if we're real!). Nah, nobody could be that imaginative! Even AI! So glad to know that you all are doing well, tho a bit more zzz's would make you happier. Lacey is such a d--- sweet kitty. Especially at 4 am. See you in the funny papers.

Marie Smith said...

Cats. Go figure!

See you when you get back!

Jenny the Pirate said...

No worries. My site ate my blog post today ... first time in sixteen years that has ever happened. It was a longish newsy one (the kind you like) with lots of pictures, too. But I had not added the pictures yet. That's the upside. The downside is that now I have to rewrite it. I got one-third done with that when I had to go and do something else today. I'll finish it up tomorrow. xoxo

William Kendall said...

Cats have their ways.

I'm well behind in blogging. Going to have to make a decision about that.