Sunday, December 03, 2023

Early Snow Photos

It wasn't the very first snowfall of the season, but I wonder if it might be the first of the snow that will stay all winter, for we are forecasted to get a a pretty fair dose later today. Whatever the case, it was the wet kind that sticks, so with phones in hand, we popped just outside the door to do what we do — take pictures.

I began in the front yard. I know what I was trying to do in this photo by Sue, but I didn't like the result, so you won't see it here. I do, however, like her capture of moi, and it shows our little tree well.


We headed across the street to the very decorated yard that I have shown previously from my window. When one has a busy scene to contend with, it may be best just to concentrate of parts of it. I decided that the letterbox in the first photo and the fake street lamp in the second picture would do well enough.



Back across the street at ours, I captured these little twiggy remembrances of summer.


Then I took a few photos of the baskets that you might recall that Shauna decorated for us. Once again, I focused on bits of the scene.



I did a wee bit of snow-pushing from the walk. It was unnecessary to get out the electric shovel for this amount. In fact, I am not sure that I will need it at all, and it might very well be more trouble than it's worth. Time will tell.



Once we get today's dumping, I wonder if will we now have snow-cover until March. As I wrote above, time will tell.


22 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Your photographer's eye was right, focus on some immediate things, and let the rest fade away. I hope you only did snow pushing...no heavy lifting please! These are great to have for first "good" snowfall, and you might see how many of those are around when you have your last! Oh, I remember, you won't be able to see many of these things with over a foot of cover!

Boud said...

This is your safety officer checking in to make sure you both have your boots fastened up all the way. No falling down this winter, please.

I like focusing on a detail of a busy scene, because it conveys a lot of information.

Vicki Lane said...

So pretty! We haven't seen any yet--in fact, it's gotten warmer.

gigi-hawaii said...

I really like that first photo that Sue took. So pretty. I like the snow in pictures but not in real life. I hate icy weather.

RedPat said...

Everything looks so bright in the snow.

Jeanie said...

That letterbox photo is cute and I love the snow on the ribbon. It's so clean and white before it gets all grungy!

Anvilcloud said...

We both have non-lace boots now for those little, quick outings. The lace ones, at least mine, are still better for actual tromping.

Marie Smith said...

Our first serious snowfall is tonight. I hope it isn’t here to stay yet though it is much colder these last few days.

MARY G said...

Wet snow does not blow. JG tried out his new machine and found that it was digging, not blowing. But, you are correct, most of the sidewalks and roads melted off. Your boroom will come in handy for dry powder snow.
I love the photo of you taking the photo.
I was just looking at a video by a pro photographer who said exactly what you said here; zero in on detail and do not sweat the focus. He has some fascinating wedding photos done in that way. Shots that formal setups would dismiss.
My snowy branch photos are on my phone. Will get to that later. I have just winterized my screened porch, preparatory to today's forecast dump. We will see.

Cloudia said...

Here in Honolulu we had our first winter rainy. This past week. That is all the winter I can handle! Chil ly, dark and wet. This morning it is sunny and 69° and it will rise. Thanks for sharing your beauty with all of us!

DJan said...

The snow is perfect in the closeup pictures, but that first one by Sue is a keeper! :-)

Margaret said...

I love what you chose to focus on! Snow is so beautiful; it makes everything fresh. At first! That said, I don't want any in the lowlands. Our mountain passes are getting hammered though.

Granny Sue said...

They are all so pretty, AC. I wish we had snow that lasted all winter, but my husband does not agree!

roentare said...

Wow, the snow just came down like that.

Jenn Jilks said...

All we've gotten is rain, freezing to the trees.

MELODY JACOB said...

So pretty, nice snow photos

Marcia said...

We had rain over night but snow coming tonight.

Catalyst said...

What on earth is an electric shovel? I've never heard of such a thing. The one you're using in the picture looks quite ergonomically correct.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like your Santa Box.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have had a day of rain and more is forecast overnight but some parts of the state were predicted to get snow, just not in Nashua...yet.

William Kendall said...

We shall see. We got a decent snowfall.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Everything seems to be holding the snow close to its heart! Especially your little tree. I like Sue's capture of you capturing something else. xoxo