Thursday, December 21, 2023

Card and Snaps

Thinking more about the gyrations that we had to go through with Shauna as described in yesterday's post, I recalled when we tried the same movements with our second child. PJ just about had conniptions when we got rowdy with her, so we had to learn all over again. Actually, it wasn't a hard lesson because PJ was normal — at least then. 

I had another think about Sha's picture from yesterday and realized that there must be snow in the background. I don't think that I am very good at this, but then again, I am not good at much, and I do have my fun trying. I also changed the aspect ratio and made this version wider do I could insert the greeting. That extra step required a little thought too.

Yay! Snow for a snow-suited baby. Doesn't that make more sense?
Actually, there was green grass in the original photo before
I got to playing, which is why I was ok with the trees at first.

I also found this composite that I created once upon a time and just adjusted it a bit. I should probably have started over from scratch, because I think I am better at it now, but time has been a looming factor. I believe the first image, top left, was taken in the hospital not too long after Shauna entered the world. It reveals the marks of her passage into our realm.


I wrote a lot about Shauna yesterday, so now we have a few phone party pics, taken in horrid lighting.


A gizmo that will play all sorts of old music media



JJ is putting candles on the cake

I wish you Happy Solstice in parting.


19 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Your play with photos always intrigues me. All I ever do is crop mine.

Granny Sue said...

What a beautiful daughter. Your love shines through your photos, AC. I think you did a great job editing the snowsuit photo.

Boud said...

So funny, finding that the babies were completely different people! Happy birthday to Shauna.

DJan said...

Nice composite of her. Happy birthday again!

gigi-hawaii said...

Happy Birthday, Shauna! Aloha from Hawaii.

Tabor said...

Great photos. Make sure you save them as they will be needed in the future for baby showers....

Margaret said...

I like the photo with snow and it does seem more fitting! Happy Birthday to Shauna! I loved my early 50s.

Jeanie said...

The photos are wonderful. How lovely to have such a terrific daughter -- the party looks great!

MARY G said...

Good stuff. The snow is even the right tone. And it is a good composite although, you are right, you have got better.
We may never hit 'best' -always one more edit to go.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh yes AC you did a GREAT job inserting the snow and it does look much better for a darling little in a pink snowsuit. What a beautiful baby Shauna was, and what a lovely lady she is! Her house is so beautiful too. I too have a "husband" that I lean back on when I read or watch TV in bed and I know that she will enjoy that. Our Audrey inherited a gizmo just like that one to play her vinyl on (she has become a collector), when TG's mother died in 2016. She got Grandma's records too and has been known to play the Perry Como album that Grandma loved. It is heartwarming to see the love with which you all surround one another not just at Christmas and on birthdays, but always. Merry Christmas to you all. xoxo

roentare said...

Beautiful series to celebrate her day

peppylady (Dora) said...

Happy Birthday, Shauna.
She has beautiful brown eyes.

RedPat said...

She did well with lots of presents so close to Christmas. I like the snow around the baby shot.

Catalyst said...

That re-purposed picture makes it look like little Shauna was abandoned in a dog park!

Happy Solstice anyway.

Red said...

It's a good idea to tell people the story of their birth. My Dad always told me the story of my birth and I appreciate it.

Jenn Jilks said...

The collage is fun!

Debby said...

I love hearing proud dads! That girl was born with beautiful eyes and has them still.

Kay said...

Happy Birthday, Shauna!
It's lovely to remember those beautiful days when our children were babies.

William Kendall said...

Babies can be like that.