Thursday, December 14, 2023

Looking Seasonal at the Eatery

We hadn't been to breakfast with these guys for several months, so it was time to go forth and have a little meal stuff ourselves.

But the first thing that I noticed was that Bob was wearing Christmas green. I might not have been exactly wearing Christmas red, but it was red, so I cuddled up and insisted that Sue take a photo. You may recall that Sue doesn't require much cajoling when it comes to getting her phone out. She also edited in the spirit of the season — twice.


Then, I realized that Sue's scarf was also a seasonal fit, so she also snuggled up with Bob, and Barb squished over on the other side.

Later, Sue remembered to have the server snap a group photo. We had forgotten last time. You'll note that Barb was more in the Easter spirit than Christmas. There's always one, eh?

Our breakfast came, and I will post my skillet, especially for Margaret, who seems to have a similar breakfast appreciation comme moi.

Of course, Sue did one of her composites — because she is Sue. 





21 comments:

Ed said...

I am typically not concerned about reading your blog on an empty stomach since you don't post a lot of food pictures. Today I lucked out and due to some errands, had already eaten before reading it. Your breakfast looks very tasty to me!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fun group and you all did so well taking photos of it. Even down to the breakfast (which looks pretty good!) I like the first shot of your two guys!

Marcia said...

Nice to get out with friends for breakfast. That dish looks good!

Margaret said...

Drool, drool. Eggs and potatoes, my comfort food! Love the festive photos almost as much as I enjoy going out for breakfast. Unfortunately, my John isn't a big fan.

Celia said...

Oh that breakfast looks wonderful. Great photos of a fun meal with friends.

Catalyst said...

A festive breakfast indeed. And that food likes delish!

RedPat said...

I was already hungry but now I am starving. Time for some lunch.

Marie Smith said...

You both have the spirit of the season!

Debby said...

Did you and Bob call each other to coordinate your 'look'?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sue did a great job with the photo editing and collage and it looks like a merry time (and delicious breakfast) was enjoyed.

Jenn Jilks said...

Lotsa fun!

DJan said...

I am still full from a Christmas potluck I just enjoyed, but those composite pictures and embellishments are wonderful. Fabulous job, all!

PipeTobacco said...

Barb could be thought of as festive in a Hanukkah style…. blue and gold are common Hanukkah colors. I know “technically” she is in a purple sweater….. but it is “bluish” purple.

PipeTobacco

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I bet that skillet hit the spot! xoxo

MARY G said...

fun. and funny.

Granny Sue said...

You guys are such goofs! Great, fun photos. And that skillet! Wow.

dellgirl said...

This looks like so much fun, I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. I love, love, love the photos . . . they're awesome! It is always fun to read your posts. Thank you for sharing this. Wishing you a Blessed Friday!

Patio Postcards said...

Fun & fabulous food with friends. Purple in one of my sister's home is the colour of Christmas, she has a purple tree.

Jeanie said...

Is that the same shirt in different colors? I love it -- and the "assiested" photos, too!

William Kendall said...

The breakfast looks good!

Kay said...

This is so much fun! I love what you did with these photos!