Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Christmas Colours on the Bridge

As you already know, I return to the bridge when it is lighted for various occasions. Of course, Christmas is one of those occasions, so we had a little photoshoot around supper time on Christmas Day.

The views are always close to being the same and they almost always include townhall, for there's not much else that one can do. But the colours are different, so I return to the scene.

It would be better if the night wasn't quite so pitch black, but that is when the lights show up best. 




Of course, I share Sue's de rigueur pic de moi.


You may be tempted to ask why Sue takes photos of me and me not so much of her. Well, it's less work for her. She can swing her tiny phone around with reckless abandon while I must fuss and fume with my tripod and settings. She can, therefore, squeeze off 12 photos in the time that it takes me to press the shutter once.

13 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Looks like you were both having fun with the bridge lit up. I'm thinking of upgrading my old cell phone, just for the camera in the cell phone!

Karen said...

The first photo is my favorite by far. The lighting on the building really pops.

RedPat said...

You got wonderful reflections in the still water.

MELODY JACOB said...

Capturing the festive spirit on the bridge with those enchanting Christmas lights is always a joy. The town hall providing a familiar backdrop, yet the changing colors bring a fresh perspective. Sometimes, the best views come when the night is at its darkest. A delightful Christmas Day photoshoot on the bridge! Happy Boxing Day! Visit Melody Jacob blog.

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful bridge! And I love the photo of the Christmas train!

roentare said...

The lit up bridge is a beauty!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful lights!

Catalyst said...

And that's the difference between a man and a woman, right there. Nice photos of the bridge though.

Debby said...

I like the 3rd

Margaret said...

The reflection of the colors in the water is spectacular! Where is your snow, John?

Granny Sue said...

Those reflections are remarkable! Nice work, AC!

MARY G said...

I like the layout in shot two, with a bit of shore. And, of course, the one of the guy in the red coat with the tripod, obviously concentrating on great photography. Thanks, Sue.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is a good point.
I love doing drive-by shootings. You take 5 and hope for the best. Often one does turn out. I just have no patience. Also, I find it difficult to prune my selections!