Friday, August 14, 2020

The Other Pics

 

While I was photographing the exhibitionist Missy Mallard, and Sue and friends were gabbing in the shade . . .

. . . I did have a few other photo ops.

They didn't please me as much as Missy Mallard, but I find one rather funny in a way. I'll get to that later.

A gaggle of geese swam by, all in a row.

Of course, there were paddlers.


A dragon boat of young children eased by.

Then, a pontoon style craft came down from the lake. They don't do this often, so I would have taken a picture anyway, but I also noticed the boat was pulling someone in an inflatable dinghy.

If opportunity presented itself, I wanted to focus on the dinghy, and eventually I did have a chance. This photo was at full zoom, and I couldn't see the facial expression until I got it on the computer, but I am pleased with the resolution at this somewhat long distance.

I can't tell if she was displeased with me or just curious, but I do find her expression amusing. Aside from the scowl (if that's what it is), you can also see how well tatted she is.



11 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Well, I imagine she's a bit cold in the nether regions...if she's been sitting there for a while. Perhaps she figured she didn't want her pic taken, and thought you wouldn't take it if she scowled...or maybe she always looks like that...poor thing. I find it amusing that you found her scowl amusing!

Tabor said...

I was going to comment on the Tattoos. How expensive is all that?

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice photos! I like the greenery of the park and also the reflections in the water.

DJan said...

Interesting to see how much reflections add to a photo. And she does look a bit miffed, doesn't she? :-)

Marie Smith said...

There’s lots of interesting things floating by, AC!

PipeTobacco said...

Tattoos.... not really something I ever wanted. I have imagined a few times getting a temporary henna one just to see people react, though. :)

PipeTobacco

Joanne Noragon said...

I would have waved at you. And not been tattooed.

Vicki Lane said...

I love the mallard shot with the contrast of the pattern of the water and the pattern of her feathers.

Margaret said...

I love photos of people enjoying the water, and there is such a variety of craft going by. My late husband and I intended to get kayaks, but then he got cancer and it wasn't feasible. I wonder if I'm too old for that now?

Red said...

So sit beside a body of water and all kinds of interesting things go by.

Mage said...

I am waving at you. :)