Wednesday, August 05, 2020

An Unusual Sale

I trust that you recall this recent photo and the verbiage that went with it. I had been printing photos to update my display at the café.
 

Sue and I had just been talking about finding a time to go in and update the café display when she received a message from an acquaintance who wanted to purchase three of the winter photos that are currently on exhibit. A few days later and the display would have been different.


There is another section of three more photos, but I can't find that image right now although I am almost sure that I came across it somewhere on my computer recently.

Sue's friend wanted to purchase the prints for someone else who had said that she would like to have three of my pictures. I think it was a leaving a workplace type of gift. However, she didn't know which photos the giftee favoured, so could she buy a gift certificate.

Hmm ... how to work this. It's not like I have ever had a similar request and have a stock of certificates, but I could make one fairly easily, take it into the cafe, and explain it all to the owner. 


The certificate purchaser would come to the café, pay the owner, pick up the certificate and then pass it on to the recipient  At some point the giftee would come in and make her choices after which the owner would take her cut and pass my portion along to me. From there, I would have to purchase more frames for the new display. 

Once the owner takes her cut and I purchase new frames, I won't be left with a whole lot, maybe enough for a few ink cartridges, but I understood the financial reality a long time ago. I am happy to display my work and to have the occasional passerby stop to appreciate it. It is an almost unexpected bonus to have someone actually like any of my prints well enough to want to take one (or three!)  home.

I still don't know which ones will be chosen, but my guess is the three vertical photos featuring single trees. We shall see.

I'll likely get back to you at some point, whether soon or later, I just don't know.


14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats on a sale of your art. The business side of creativity has always been the most difficult for me. Keep on making beauty to share in the world! You are really talented!

DJan said...

What a great idea! I love the bench in the snow myself. :-)

Marie Smith said...

They are all beautiful prints. I suspect you are right about the set. Well done, AC.

gigi-hawaii said...

Good luck with the art. I admire people who can do that.

Margaret said...

That's a wonderful compliment. Congratulations! I would buy the top and bottom left and the top right. (even though I can't see it very well)

Mara said...

If it were me, I would pick the one with the bench on. It just looks so peaceful and serene.

But well done on the compliment. It's not just us bloggers that like your work!

MARY G said...

That is most gratifying. If it pays for the skill, that is a lot better than nothing.
And you have a fine portfolio there. I like all of them.

Doris Potter said...

Congratulations on your sales. :-)

Vicki Lane said...

It's an affirmation, no matter what the money is. Congratulations!

Joanne Noragon said...

Really cool. Great job.

dellgirl said...

What a wonderful surprise! Congratulations on the sale, Way-to-Go, AC!! Good for you. Wishing you all the best. Stay Safe, my friend!

Jenn Jilks said...

WEll done!
It's quite a hobby, isn't it?
I thought of selling mine, but I just couldn't focus. I have no drive.
You take such wonderful photos.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Congratulations! I really love your work. It's beautiful and anyone would be lucky to have one of your framed prints hanging in their home...

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great success you are having with your work. Congratulations.