Thursday, August 27, 2020

JJ, the Tree, and Camera #3

I need to keep hitting out with many pics but not a whole lot of prose. I was using camera #3: not my big Canon, not my iPhone, but my Canon compact camera. 

At the end of JJ's stay, we took him back to the dam, but so many kids were there, and older kids too, that the sometimes shy boy decided not to join in the fun.

The other side of the dam (from what you have seen recently) is deep enough to jump into, but they were not only jumping from the dam itself but also from some overhead apparatus. My goodness.

We ended up at the park along with Danica whom we picked up along the way.

JJ is a bit of a climber, and I will let the photos tell the tale.






Poor Danica. When she was young, she wanted to climb so badly after seeing Mowgli climb the tree in Jungle Book. She was too young then and discovered later that climbing is not her forte.



We will meet again, for my birthday next week, before school begins. Then, as mentioned previously, we'll keep our distance for a little while. I think that school will probably go well, but Sue and I are in our 70s, so it is best to take care.

14 comments:

Marcia said...

Quite a tree to climb! I imagine he enjoyed seeing the pics of his feat of climbing.

Marie Smith said...

We are feeling anxious about our girls going back to school as well. We will be masking up when we pick the up from school.

Here kids jump from bridges into the sea. It is quite unnerving to see it.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay JJ...good job getting up so high in the tree! Beautiful Danika looks as gorgeous as ever. Yes, keep on keeping safe y'all!

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry, spelled Danica wrong!

DJan said...

What a great tree! Made for climbing. :-)

gigi-hawaii said...

You have good looking grandkids.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Dam interesting photos ! Also, I was glad to see the JJ took his shoes off to climb that HUGE tree ! Good luck with returning to school, etc. I wish our country was like yours.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Well done, JJ! But I would not do that climbing barefoot! They both are pretty tough, I think.

MARY G said...

Kids plus trees, a winner. Your photogenic grandkids, plus photogenic tree, wow!

Red said...

The tree made for some excellent photos.

Rita said...

Perfect climbing tree!
I hope all goes well with school next week and happy birthday. :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Your grandson is quite the climber and that old tree has most likely seen its share of youngsters climbing on it. Hope all goes well for both grands when classes resume. yes to taking precautions on get togethers for awhile.

Joanne Noragon said...

Glad he ditched the flip flops; he is quite the natural climber.

Margaret said...

What a beautiful photo of the two of them together! I'm with Danica; I don't do well at climbing. I can go up OK, but I can't come down. I'm fearful of heights. I'm glad you got to see them and have some adventures before they go back to school.