Sunday, August 30, 2020

Quiet Sunday Morning

 It is a quiet Sunday morning with nothing much doin

I awoke early enough to go out with the camera, but I didn't actually go out. I did get ready, but then I decided that the sky didn't look promising enough. But when I looked out the widow later, it would have been okay. I should have pushed myself earlier, but I didn't. There are not too many exciting things to photograph here, at least not that I haven't already done, so it doesn't take much to dissuade me. I am too easily dissuaded in these later years. My get-up-and-go seems to have done got-up-and-went.

I do have a selfie for your amusement although they are pretty well a thing of the past for us. We had some fun with them, though, in earlier COVID times.

Apparently, I didn't post this next photo at the time, in early August. It is just a reflection turned around to mess with your mind. It is a restaurant and former leather works mill that has a little patio and serves breakfast, so we are going to try it this week. This will be our first COVID restaurant visit, and the only thing getting us there is the open patio by the river as well as a certain occasion to acknowledge. I trust that we shall keep rightside up and dry.

You may recall the water tower pic of just a few days ago in which I added a fake sky. Well, I played with it some more yesterday when it was raining cats and dogs outside, or maybe it was mice and turtles. This time I applied a lens flare as a texture and also cropped it differently.


That is all that I have on this Sunday. I hope you are enjoying your weekend.


10 comments:

Mara said...

Love the reflection one.

gigi-hawaii said...

Love your selfies. So cute! Your photos came out really nicely. Good job.

Marcia said...

What event to celebrate? Birthday? Anniversary?
Thanks for your comments about what to expect this winter. I do have some cold weather gear shopping to do to prepare for winter. A coat would be on the top of the list.

Marie Smith said...

Restaurant dining isn’t on our list of things to do during Covid but sitting outdoors would entice me. Enjoy your outing.

Margaret said...

Enjoy your special occasion outing--an anniversary? I'm thinking about getting my hair done, but it still makes me nervous. It's not outdoors and it's close up to someone, even masked. You seem to always find wonderful photos to take! I enjoy them all for various reasons, especially when you explain the whys and hows of what you're doing. I didn't realize so much went into planning the perfect shot. :)

DJan said...

That's quite a lot for a Sunday morning. You both look quite fetching in blue spangles. :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Great selfie...a good chuckle here. I listened to a sermon about sports and perfectionists today. Didn't get into the sports stuff much, but sure heard about how we all make mistakes and nobody is ever perfect. Oh well.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hear you, Having the girls here has been fun and motivating. Another week next week and then we will be done.

Joanne Noragon said...

That upside down water picture is a mind messer.

Rita said...

My get-up-and-go went on a walkabout--LOL! ;)